Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lifestyle changes.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I am considering a bit of a lifestyle change. After a few years of living in villages (population 400) I am considering moving to the city again.

Anyone made this change and regretted it?

I have great mountain biking (xc) and road riding right on my doorstep, clearly I’ll lose this, but there is an alternative.
    Currently I have a garden for the dog which I will lose, if I’m lucky I’ll get a terraza or balcony and I’ll spend more time with her.
    I’ll have less of a commute…

Help me decide, please???

flip
    Free Member

Just by thinking about it should tell you lots. If you were happy you wouldn’t be..

iDave
    Free Member

If it’s Madrid, I’d do it in a shot – you can take your chances biking round Casa de Campo. I was really looking forward to city life, that’s on hold now. You gotta give life a good mix-up from time to time…

emsz
    Free Member

Make a list of all the good and bad things about village life and city life. Be honest with yourself about the reasons for changing

donsimon
    Free Member

If it’s Madrid, I’d do it in a shot – you can take your chances biking round Casa de Campo.

Yes, it’s back to Madrid or more Alcobendas as I need to be on the edge of the built up stuff for the dog. I used to live in the city centre and it was great, except for the noise, everything pretty much within walking distance. Casa de Campo is also interesting and I believe quite good for cycling too. I used to do some rowing on the lake there! 3 strokes, turn, 3 strokes, turn, repeat until dizzy!

Just by thinking about it should tell you lots. If you were happy you wouldn’t be..

Good point, but there are also external factors which have forced the issue.

Make a list of all the good and bad things about village life and city life. Be honest with yourself about the reasons for changing

That’s what I’m trying to do and a little exta help is always good. 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Excuses for the bump! 😀

Any stories of woe or joy?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d avoid if you have ASBO dogs. 🙂

[excited]My little Molly arrives in a few weeks[/excited]

donsimon
    Free Member

[excited]My little Molly arrives in a few weeks[/excited] [/quote]

What flavour did you go for in the end?

Any pics yet??

kala17-02 013 by simoncarter.es, on Flickr

Junkyard
    Free Member

not on a lead , clearly that is a trail centre and she has just left an egg there 🙄

IDIOT

OT done it ish you never forget the countryside but only you know which you prefer town or country

ourmaninthenorth

Just starting the process of trying to go the other way (though ultimately, it’s just *back* to village life, having grown up in rural Oxfordshire).

I crave peace, and space.

donsimon
    Free Member

not on a lead , clearly that is a trail centre and she has just left an egg there

5km from the nearest living soul just waiting for the first knobber who can’t see far enough ahead or control a bike to ride through the off piste turd. 😆

How can she be an IDIOT when she’s only doing what’s natural?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A Border Terrier…one of these three. We haven’t chosen yet, but have first dibs 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

everyone knows it is the dog owner that is at fault not the dog you are the idiot as you have just proved 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

everyone knows it is the dog owner that is at fault not the dog you are the idiot as you have just proved

My degree says different, but, of course, on this topic you’re perfectly correct, even when rong!!!

See no pics dd????!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had a pic posting FAIL but fixed it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Where? When? 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

My degree says different

Degree in dogging?

I am joking re all the above I hope you realise i am just pulling your chain guvnor

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s showing on my interweb. Is it still FAILing on everybody elses?

donsimon
    Free Member

I am joking re all the above I hope you realise i am just pulling your chain guvnor

Don’t you go worrying your pretty little head about me… 😉

STILL A FAIL FOR ME!!! Where’s the pic hosted? Flickr? Picasa? Other?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Trying photobucket:

donsimon
    Free Member

Aaaaaaaaaw! Just shown them to mine and she wants to call them Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. 😉

Cute, enjoy.

Can we get back on topic now?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lifestyle changes.’ is closed to new replies.