Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lifeproof bike mount issue
  • iolo
    Free Member

I decided to treat myself to a lifeproof cover for my iPhone. I bought 2 bike mounts, 1 for my xc bike for gpx routes and 1 for my motorbike for Tomtom.
    The case, once clipped in has a bit lateral movement and shakes around quite a bit as its not secure. I can hardly read the screen.
    I bought direct from lifeproof.
    Is mine a bad batch or are they all as bad?
    It wasn’t cheap and I’m quite disappointed.

BadlyWiredDog

I had one for an iPhone 4S and it was fine. I’d go back to Lifeproof and see what they say, but it sounds wrong to me.

burko73

Is it the new one with the stick on pad? I bought one and the phone does move a little bit as the lifeproof case flexes a little. It’s fine on my fatty and on my road bike but haven’t put it on the bars of my hard tail.

It would be nice if lifeproof did the old style case that holds the bottom/ top of the phone more securely, I don’t like having to rely on a glued on tab to lock my phone in but it works so far.

BadlyWiredDog

It would be nice if lifeproof did the old style case that holds the bottom/ top of the phone more securely

That’s the type I have. Didn’t realise they’d changed it for later phones.

burko73

yep, a stick on square mount thing which is quite low profile. In theory you could stick it on anything with a 2″ square flat surface and mount it to the lifeproof bar mount.

It works but you cant help thinking its “stuck” on and not part of the case…

Mines on an iphone 6 so its a big beast with a lot of leverage each end.

Works though so far…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lifeproof bike mount issue’ is closed to new replies.