Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Life technology upheaval (Samsung content).
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Stuff I don’t use any more because it’s all available on the Note 4:

Phone calls (natch).
    Kitchen timer.
    Alarm clock.
    TV set-top box (Chromecast app).
    Barely use the computer any more.
    Going to check the quality of Spotify/Spoticast through the Chromecast dongle – music into the amp via the TV. Might not *choke* need the CD player anymore.

Better not chuck anything out, mind. Might lose the Samsung… 😯

phiiiiil

The internet has quite a lot of those “look at this huge pile of stuff that your phone has replaced” pictures.

We remind ourselves of this occasionally when you start taking things for granted a bit too much. “What do you mean I’m in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere and I can’t buy a new book to read right now?! Stupid phone!”…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

From just one such article:

thanks to a single device.

Looking further into the future, there is the very real possibility that our phones will quite simply become our default computing hubs. And by computing, I mean just about everything with a chip in it.

Could be supplanted:

set-top boxes

I’m ahead of the game…

PS: Oh yeah, forgot – the camera.

nickc

and soon it will probably include your wallet and car keys as well.

Klunk
    Free Member

jack of all trades master of none 😉

GrahamS

TV set-top box (Chromecast app).

Isn’t Chromecast just away to stream stuff from your device to your TV?

My set-top box gives me all the Freeview and Freeview HD channels allowing me to record multiple channels at the same time, set up series link recording, as well as pause/rewind “live” TV and store 1TB of HD video.

How does Chromecast replace this?

(My other set top box is an Apple TV, which I can see is more akin to Chromecast)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

My Roku box only offers a limited selection of what’s available, no “Blinkbox” for instance.

Also, whilst not perhaps replacing a more sophisticated box, it’s pulling in another functionality to a central control device…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh I look forward to the days of the smartphone unlocking my car too..

sierrakilo
    Free Member

longer lasting battery would be good as well !

MrWoppit
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Life technology upheaval (Samsung content).’ is closed to new replies.