Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • life cycles – why no bristol premiere?
  • Phototim
    Free Member

Curious as to why there is no premiere of life cycles in bristol/bath? We’ve had showings of everything else and I can’t believe that none of the cinemas around here have the hd bluray whatsit facilities. There are more than enough folk to fill up a cinema screen!

Who is organising the the showings? Perhaps there is a bristol one but I’ve just not seen it advertised? Anyone shed any light on this?

Sanny
    Free Member

Hi Phototim

The screenings of Seasons were a big success with Cube selling out twice over. However, with Follow Me, the World Cup had an impact on ticket sales and as a result I’m not so keen to host a Bristol screening unless I can get a sense that the demand is there. So I’ve not ruled it out but at the moment there are no plans unfortunately.

Cheers

Sanny

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If you/someone advertised it here, cheesyrider forum and BMBC, you’d sell the Cube out three times over.

Off to see Chasing Legends at Showcase tonight – I think that screen is sold out, or getting there too.

Phototim
    Free Member

Hi Sanny, thanks for the reply. I went to the showing of follow me at the watershed and it was sold out?! Great atmosphere in the bar too. I can’t believe the demand is not there, there must be a higher concentration of mountain bikers here than almost anywhere in the UK, certainly way more than soton. 150 people showed up for the race down a grassy slope!

I’d happily lend a hand if needed. What’s involved? What are the risks? Email on my website if you want to contact me direct….

Cheers,
    Tim

MrNutt
    Free Member

Sanny there’s loads of folk keen to see it in the SW! If u need somewhere to show it i could also help!

Sanny
    Free Member

OK. Let me make some calls and I’ll see what I can do.

Mr Nutt

Where in the South west are you? Just confirmed Southampton if that helps?

Cheers

Sanny

Phototim
    Free Member

Legend, offer still stands if you need help. I know a lot of people in all the right places, mainly for getting the word out.

Watershed would be a good venue if their equipment is up to scratch, nice bar too.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Hi Sanny, Swindon (gazes at the floor in disbelief), yep, Swindon, but there’s a few good places and theirs a few great bike shops around here that would no doubt be into it too! (not to mention a popular mtb club) and a good scene going 🙂

gothandy

Would be keen on 2 or more tickets in Bath/Bristol!

Phototim
    Free Member

A showing for bristol is in the works, trying to sort out a venue so fingers crossed…

Sanny
    Free Member

Like Tim says, we’re working on it! He’s been a great help and if we get Bristol, it will be thanks in no small part to him! 😀

Phototim
    Free Member

Had a thought after I emailed you yesterday Sanny, the arnolfini has a cinema but upon phoning them up I found that it isn’t HD capable 🙁

roystonsmith
    Free Member

I’d be in!

Looks awesome from the trailer!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Any news on a Bristol screening yet or an email to sign up to?

cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘life cycles – why no bristol premiere?’ is closed to new replies.