Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Life’s little disappointments
  • Harry_the_Spider

1. When you finally nail the spot that has grown up your nose and the damn thing just leaks rather than expires with a satisfying CRACK.

2. The recent series of Dr Who.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The argumentative nature of the forum this week. Is it a full moon or something?

If I hear one more argument about how a sexist minister got her tits out for a post nativity MMA v TKD smackdown atheist calendar, I’m going to scream.

matt_outandabout

1. When you finally nail the spot that has grown up your nose and the damn thing just leaks rather than expires with a satisfying CRACK.

+1 – after all that pain as well….

How easy it is to put on weight.

How hard it is to lose weight.

mintimperial

When you open a bag of crisps only to discover that they weren’t properly sealed and have gone all soft.

When you pump up tubeless tyres and the beads just sort of sneak onto the rim rather than popping on with a couple of proper loud bangs.

Pigface
    Free Member

If I hear one more argument about how a sexist minister got her tits out for a post nativity MMA v TKD smackdown atheist calendar, I’m going to scream.

Man up princess 😉

matt_outandabout

When you put effort in, and expect a window rattler, but the fart is a mere gentle rasp.

perchypanther
    Free Member

When you put effort in, and expect a window rattler, but the fart is a mere gentle rasp.

…or a trickle. 😯

cokie

650b

trailhound101

Rummaging through the neighbours recycling bin and discovering that they read the Daily Mail.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Finding out your neighbour rummages through your bins.

onandon
    Free Member

Realising I don’t like my car but don’t like anything else I’ve test driven either 🙁

muzzle
    Free Member

Glad I’m not the only one – I gave up halfway through this series and I’ve loved it since the reboot with Christopher Eccleston.

I have no comment to make regarding spots in the nose though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not knowing if the Star Wars spoilers thread contains any actual spoilers and being too afraid to read just in case…

Edukator
    Free Member

The closing of the only pages worth viewing on the Maxxis site.

rOcKeTdOg

Showering after a sub zero ride

chubstr
    Free Member

As much as I’m a fan of Star Wars, not really bothering that the new ones out or giving a stuff if I hear any spoilers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

American Airlines. Shonkfest.

cloudnine
    Free Member

How you lose your fitness way faster than you gained it.. Curse you wind and rain.

willard

Cambridge. You expect so much of this hub of excellence and knowledge, but you get a small market town with bloody students everywhere and no bloody parking.

The internet. As much as it’s good, it’s full of complete rubbish and I really expected a lot more of it by now. VR, AR, AI. It’s just been ruined by funny cat videos and cybercrime.

CountZero

Glad I’m not the only one – I gave up halfway through this series and I’ve loved it since the reboot with Christopher Eccleston.

On the contrary, it’s been really rather excellent, the last few episodes in particular have been superb.
    But then I can compare them to the dross that came after Tom Baker, and even Hartnell and Troughton had a fair few that were mediocre, to say the very least.
    Hmmmm, so much life, so many disappointments…
    Getting the lottery notification that you’re a winner, and it’s £2.36… 😐

copa
    Free Member

Fireworks
    Paul Weller’s solo career
    Plaid Cymru
    Beautiful scenery
    Education

alanl
    Free Member

Wheels from Merlin, order them and they dont come with rim tape. The swines.
    Christmas. Sick of it already.
    Being self-employed.
    Realising that the great offer I’ve just received for the 2 boats I have on ebay is from someone in Poland.OK, I’ll let the auction run.

RustySpanner

Morrissey.
    Pringles – be honest, they smell of vomit.
    Quinoa.
    Sandwich toasters.
    G-Shock watches.
    CB radio.
    Home brew.
    The Arctic Monkeys.

jimmy

New job. Same shit, different subject.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Coiling down a real spine stretcher only to find its slipped round the u-bend before it can be admired 🙁

bruneep

ordering wheels and finding out they were “heavy” and had no rim tape either.

chip
    Free Member

haig club

therevokid
    Free Member

finally getting the dream bike dialed in to perfection then
    getting diagnosed with angina ….

zippykona

Being taken to see a Queen tribute band that turned out to be a Freddie Mercury impersonator.

fasthaggis

Shy children,such a quiet disappointment.

aracer
    Free Member

The same line about rim tape being repeated

It’s not as good as when TJ and Fred were here, is it?

chewkw
    Free Member

Bloody Twenty game … so far my record is 20 x 16 only … damn!

Still got some works to do before end of this week while all my colleagues are finished … damn!

Some news just boiled my blood … bloody ZM maggots with stoopid belief are trying to ruin the peace on earth!

MrOvershoot

life’s-little-disappointments

All of it

sirromj

Not being imaginative enough to create a hilarious name for a Strava segment which when you do create find the only other people to ride it are due to GPS errors.

gordimhor

Thursday it’s just not quite Friday

timba
    Free Member

Nice day at work, finish early for a couple of daylight hours on the bike. Get home just as the wind and rain start…twice this week

The weather forecast

Wookster

Finally getting a bit of time off…old to catch a minging cold where climbing the stairs make you wheeze like you’ve just sprinted up the Tourmalet.

#ManFlu.

singletrackmind

Christmas .

The box of crackers where every motto was ‘It is often better economy to buy better quality’ ran out of humour after #5

Cheap cordless power tools.
    Cheap printer cartridges
    Anything on offer attatched to a petrol pump ( led torch / sockets set)
    When you open up your ‘BIG TASTY’ to find it is neither and doesnt look like the giant picture over the counter. ****.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Buying a half decent car and realising after a few months that it’s in fact just a car and does exactly what the wife’s banger does 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Super glue.

Not super, just glue in small expensive bottles.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Life’s little disappointments’ is closed to new replies.