Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LIDL watch with altimeter
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

HERE

Anybody got one of these i believe they have been for sale before. I am particularly interested in the accuracy of the altimeter.

Thanks

Mike

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting one so interested too if anyone has any feedback

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Bit more research has informed me that the altimeter is a baramoter that needs setting at the start of each trip so no good for me.

slugwash
    Free Member

Don't bother, I did in the Spring and it was crap.

Despite living near a tidal estuary I'm often, apparently, some 350 metres above sea-level.
    The watch isn't waterproof. It's on the large size and like having a grappling hook on your arm – if you root around in the depths of your rucsac for something you extract all the other contents out on withdrawal. The watch constanly resets itself and needs recalibration if more than one button gets pressed at once (which invariably happens when you try to dig some spare change out of your pocket, a big enough challenge in itself). There's no stopwatch, or countdown mode. Luckily, the battery life is atrocious so I'm happily no longer wearing mine. I've gone back to a similarily priced, waterproof Casio. The compass is fairly accurate though, but if you've every tried following a course from a compass watch then you'll know that nothing beats a good old hand held, traditional compass.

Review concluded 😉

Lidls trekking socks on the other hand are blinding. More due in at stores around the country this coming Thursday 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Lidls trekking socks on the other hand are blinding +1

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok sod the watch socks it is 😉

Bregante

ok sod the watch socks it is

gonna look stupid on your hands though.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What about the 4 season sleeping bag? Only 30 quid, seems like a bargain…? Not to wear on your hands, obviously. 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I'll have nice cosy hands though 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘LIDL watch with altimeter’ is closed to new replies.