Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • LIBYA! Jewel of Africa! what really happend and why does it not make any sense?
  • drlex
    Free Member

Has anyone here ridden with kaesae? Kinda wondering whether he might be an AI that’s being Google alpha’d or worse still, the beginning of SkyNet.

marcus7
    Free Member

Brilliant!, just brilliant…. we need more of this sort of thing!

TooTall
    Free Member

You actually believe it could get weirder? Actually, yes you’re right, things really could get very weird indeed.

Brilliant!, just brilliant…. we need more of this sort of thing!

Be careful what you wish for. This is my benchmark for these things:

In the Beginning

A stunning body of work 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

So if it was Al Qaeda forces that were the heart of the revolution, where did they end up?

The Answer is quite simple really, Mali! 3x Northern cities in Mali have been Captured by Al Qaeda using NATO weapons and Equipment that they also used in Libya.

Did you actually read the story you linked to?

The people that had come from Libya were Malians who had been recruited by Gaddafi and returned to Mali after Gaddafi was overthrown. They were not Libyan revolutionaries but quite the opposite.

Their weapons are a mix of what they were issued under Gaddafi and what they seized from the Malian government, not weapons that NATO supplied them with.

bwaarp
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/9386860/The-Arab-Springs-spirit-still-burns-in-Libya.html

Libya has gone off-script. This was supposed to be a simple story: naive liberals support Libyan revolution, Islamists hijack revolution. The end. Last year, the American Spectator warned that “it is becoming increasingly apparent that Islamism will be the dominant political force in the country”, with “ever more visible links to al-Qaeda”. John Bradley, writing in this country’s Spectator, wailed that “self-declared former al-Qaeda fighters and bands of tribal fanatics” had taken over Libya and “imposed sharia law on the once-secular country”.

So, how is that post-revolutionary Islamist wasteland shaping up today? Well, a coalition led by the Western-educated political scientist and former interim Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril appears to have won Libya’s first free elections in 60 years, sweeping aside its Islamist opponents

ARRHAHAHAHAHAR

The OP’s a tool!

bwaarp
    Free Member

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/08/12/uk-libya-assembly-president-idUKBRE87B0E920120812

Libya working towards conciliatory coalition governance/co-operative politics.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Here’s the kind of people that the OP is quoting. Biased, delusional and pro Gaddafi individuals.

Roberts fell in love with Gaddafi’s Libya back in 1999 when he was sent their by his SLP boss, Arthur Scargill, to attend an international youth conference in Tripoli.

Gaddafi’s useful idiots: British Civilians for Peace in Libya

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/19/gaddafi-violence-exaggerated-british-group

Lifer
    Free Member

That just fits your warped perspectives on the world

kaesae
    Free Member

Here is my understanding of the situation, the revolt was started by western operatives supporting Al Qaeda who attacked in mass several locations in Libya using the limited aggression of the Libyan government and security personnel to their advantage.

It was further escalated via facebook and mobile phones to ensure that Libyan citizens not familiar with western technology and facebook would rise up in support of the lies and manipulation used. Giving cover to the military actions that were taking place and that were covered by the mass privately owned media corporations and the Arab owned Al Gazeera.

As the conflict grew more and more groups of armed insurgents joined the fighting including a large number of Islamic extremists in the immediate vicinity. The reason for this was two fold, the islamic extremists were promised the chance to remove and kill Gaddafi and od as they please but also weapons / munition and equipment and large quantities of money from the banks and looting the populace.

As the Islamic extremists drove through Libya with nato’s kind assistance they grew in number, not surprising considering that thousands of Al Qaeda and other islamic extremists were held and then freed from Libyan prisons.

So Islamic extremist have started a war with the Libyan authorities backed by SAS and CIA then swept through Libya with NATO support, freed all of the prisoners being held, looted countless government building and civilian homes as well as committing all sort of crimes against humanity.

Then they have made their way to Mali as an organized cohesive and well provisioned army and seized 3x of it’s northern cities, if you are saying that the Libyan people hired Al Qaeda to protect them from Al Qaeda, I’m not sure that makes any sense!

Where exactly did Al Qaeda get a fully formed and provisioned army, that they then used to invade Mali?

Simple really, it’s the same army of Al Qaeda / Islamic extremist that has just waged war against the libyan people! with the help of the LLHR / NTC.

The core of the revolution was the extremists, without them the Libyan government has no real cohesive fighting force, watch Libya and you will see constant fighting between different factions / militias, you will also see constant actions from the Libyan people who will never accept slavery.

Research this and you will see that the Libyan people fought to the bitter end, that they rallied in huge numbers in every major city in support of their way of life.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member

Here’s the kind of people that the OP is quoting. Biased, delusional and pro Gaddafi individuals.

“Roberts fell in love with Gaddafi’s Libya back in 1999 when he was sent their by his SLP boss, Arthur Scargill, to attend an international youth conference in Tripoli”.

Why do you attach so much importance to the opinions of Paul Woodward ?

Is he some sort of arbiter of what is right and wrong ?

I’ve never heard of the guy before.

hels
    Free Member

You missed the Mossad off that list. The fact there is absolutely no evidence of their involvement speaks volumes. That’s how they operate.

atlaz
    Free Member

Two of my favourites..

Gaddafi created a new form of Sharia law that is unrecognized, however it is also a form of Sharia law that is democratic and could be integrated into western cultures, if only the west had the good common sense to appreciate the fact!

So it’s Sharia, but not sharia. But is sharia. And we should adopt it for some reason.

Here is my understanding of the situation, the revolt was started by western operatives supporting Al Qaeda

One sentence with so much wrong.

nealglover
    Free Member

WTF is kaesae the nutjob speaking about and who the **** does he honestly think gives a shit?

Whoever it was that said that, on the first page, is a genius.

Oh, hang on ……

Never mind.

kaesae
    Free Member

It seems to me that is is not in fact your way of life that is unsustainable, that it is in fact your collective mentality and lack of respect for the laws of creation that are incompatible with your own survival.

I do have to wonder at this point in time what the future holds for the west, however I will use at this point a saying that has been used many times throughout history, when a people or culture have been without gifted leaders or any kind of real direction in life.

You reap what you sow!

konabunny
    Free Member

if you are saying that the Libyan people hired Al Qaeda to protect them from Al Qaeda, I’m not sure that makes any sense!

If you are saying that the Libyan people hired the Chuckle Brothers to protect them from the Chuckle Brothers, I’m not sure that makes any sense!

If you are saying that the Libyan people are made of cheese to stop them being made of cheese, I’m not sure that makes any sense!

If you are saying that cornfield ospreys lure flanges to cornfield ospreys, I’m not sure that makes any sense!

kaesae
    Free Member

Let us look at the conflict from a completely different perspective, what if I was to say that the Libyan people having their own culture and social structure will act in a certain way and that way will have certain characteristics and behavioural patterns or ways of acting.

Over the past 42 years the people of Libya have shown a remarkable acceptance of other cultures and ethnic groups.

However those involved in the so called revolution, have shown a destinct bias but more importantly hatred towards certain cultures and ethnic group. This is completely out of character for the Libyan people and it is for me therefore questionable if it is being carried out by the Libyan people.

I for one refuse to believe that the people of Libya are involved in mass lynchings and ethnic cleansing. I do not believe that the people of Libya would have treated the dark skinned human beings living in Libya in this fashion.

So in summary! a group of armed individuals rampaged across Libya supported by NATO acting in a way that is totally at odds with the way we know the Libyan people to behave and is also against what they believe! but we are to believe it was the Libyan people?

These individuals targeted any dark skinned African people they came across and tortured, lynched, beheaded in public, beat, burnt alive and basically accomplished the best **** impersonation of Islamic extremists the world has ever seen!

Am I in my limited intelligence to understand, that this is the widely held view point of the west?

atlaz
    Free Member

Or, you know, a country held together by a strong-armed dictator decides to settle old scores once nobody is around to tell them not to?

franksinatra

You don’t have a job do you Kaesae? I mean a proper job that keeps you busy.

TooTall
    Free Member

You’re all too late. I now own the film rights to this thread.

😀

konabunny
    Free Member

Over the past 42 years the people of Libya have shown a remarkable acceptance of other cultures and ethnic groups. However those involved in the so called revolution, have shown a destinct bias but more importantly hatred towards certain cultures and ethnic group. This is completely out of character for the Libyan people and it is for me therefore questionable if it is being carried out by the Libyan people.

All cows are black and white; that mooing milk-producing animal is brown; this is completely out of character for cows and it is for me therefore questionable that the brown animal is a cow.

transapp
    Free Member

Al qaeda cows!! Holy Muslim milk batman!

jupiter
    Free Member

Is Kaesae a bit odd?

kaesae
    Free Member

In a world of faulty programmed robots, you better believe I am **** ing odd!

kaesae
    Free Member

Lastly if the conflict was between unarmed peaceful protesters and security forces, the peaceful protesters simply taking part in “THE DAY OF RAGE” why are the casualties on both side about even.

That is something else that doesn’t make sense, if you have unarmed civilians fighting against trained and armed forces, you should see a much higher casualty rate on the side of the protesters.

However from all accounts the amount of deaths or casualties are relatively even?

marcus7
    Free Member

Who programmed the robots? i think it was god….makes sense no?

anokdale
    Free Member

WTF is he on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nealglover
    Free Member

WTF is he on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Internet. Sadly.

bwaarp
    Free Member

These individuals targeted any dark skinned African people they came across and tortured, lynched, beheaded in public, beat, burnt alive and basically accomplished the best **** impersonation of Islamic extremists the world has ever seen!

Yeah, a lot of them were mercenaries though. Shock horror similar things happened during the French revolution.

Funny, you talk about Libyans now not being accepting of others despite the fact that they have voted in a centrist non islamist government unlike Egypt.

I just noticed your bit about creation, are you Christian. Do you consider Muslims to all be savages that needed a dictator to keep a lid on them? Racist much?

You’re nuts, seriously.

franksinatra

Kaesae walks into the doctors wearing nothing but clingfilm wrapped around him.

Kaesae: “Doctor, I think I am unwell.”

Doctor; ” Yes, I can clearly see you’re nuts!”

franksinatra

I am so glad you returned from your flounce, this is great.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member

You’re nuts, seriously.

Seriously you say ? ….. are you always that brutally frank with your diagnosis ?

But anyway, how should we describe someone who comes out with bollox like this :

“Yeah, a lot of them were mercenaries though. Shock horror similar things happened during the French revolution.”

The ol’ “they were just mercenaries” bollox. And apparently it’s just fine because they did as bad during the French Revolution, ffs

From Amnesty International, not Kaesae ……. are they “nuts” too ?

Common methods of torture reported to the organization include suspension in contorted positions and prolonged beatings with various objects including metal bars and chains, electric cables, wooden sticks, plastic hoses, water pipes, and rifle-butts; and electric shocks.

The report finds that Sub-Saharan Africans in Libya – particularly undocumented migrants – continue to suffer arbitrary arrest, indefinite detention, beatings in some cases amounting to torture, and exploitation in the hands of armed militias. Those rounding up foreign nationals generally make no distinction between migrants and those fleeing war and persecution in their countries.

Amnesty International said that the plight of migrants in Libya is compounded by the authorities’ failure to tackle prevailing racism and xenophobia against dark-skin Libyans and Sub-Saharan African nationals.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/libya-militia-stranglehold-corrosive-rule-law-2012-07-04

bwaarp
    Free Member

The report finds that Muslims in the UK – particularly undocumented migrants – continue to suffer arbitrary arrest, indefinite detention, beatings in some cases amounting to torture, and exploitation in the hands of the US and UK security services.

Not much different to the UK then.

The authorities have been in power for just over a year, do you expect them to keep a lid on everything that happens in that time? I don’t think lynchings will be too high up on their agenda, when say compared to food, water and medical security. I’d talk about what sudden power vacuums do and how these eventually resolve themselves but I can’t be arsed.

Do you think that these problems justify them living under a murderous dictatorship as opposed to a democracy?

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘LIBYA! Jewel of Africa! what really happend and why does it not make any sense?’ is closed to new replies.