Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Liam G. on Joolz H.
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Liam.

Once a legend.

Now sounds like some nasally corrupt sixth former doing a bad karaoke impression of himself.

mikey74
    Free Member

That idiot has never been a legend of anything. He sounded awful then, and sounds awful now. Egotistical ****!!

kimbers

Sweary

[video]https://youtu.be/ckUKrUqEesc[/video]

jim25

Pub singer at best

jekkyl

He’s a dick. His brother got all the talent and sense of decency.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Telentless
    Jeb
    End

zippykona

To be honest I never know which one is which but the other one is better.

136stu
    Free Member

Remember him dishing it out to Michael Hutchence, now who’s the bloated has-been?

DezB
    Free Member

I saw it and could only think – who actually wants to hear that? Of all the music available in the world why is Later pushing that? He’s just rewriting old Oasis songs. Utterly bewildering to me that there would be any fans of that. I was quite upset by it actually.

mikey3
    Free Member

Mancist.

neila

I was somewhat surprised to see a autocue on the floor, they’re his own songs so he should know the words.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I found the other bloke singing to naked manequins of kids a bit weird. Benjamin Clementine.
    Perhaps I am not arty enough to get it?

Also, mrs dts and I had a similar conversation re. Liam G
    And the absence of talent.

know the words.

There were words? Sounded like a person trying to sound like a didgeridoo.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

His real name is supposedly William. According to Swedish newspapers. Is this known or bs?

zilog6128

Don’t know whether it was widely known before (I didn’t know) but he tweeted it ahead of the JH performance. Probably just an attempt to get trending & drum up some interest 🙂

funkmasterp

Oasis were like a Jive Bunny remix of sixties and seventies pop performed by a run of the mill pub band. To top it off Liam seems like an absolute bellend. Never understood how they were popular. Different strokes and all that I guess 🙂

funkrodent

See, I would say that Oasis’ first two albums were genuine classics. The rest was (and is) sh*te. Has to be looked at in context of the time I guess, but to say that they were nothing more than a remix of 60s/70s music is disingenuous, only in so far as all bands are reflecting their own musical upbringings.

However, I agree that all the talent resided with big brother and that whilst Liam was cool in an aggressive, casual Manc 90s kind of way, he is a twosser of the highest order and his latest musical attempts would be laughable if the sycophants in the music media didn’t give him so much exposure.

Merak

His angry man act is tiresome. A unibrowed weapon, niether him nor his brother, who looks like an extra from Captain Scarlett are fit to lace the shoes of Paul Weller. A pair of fannies. Rich fannies but fannies all the same.

funkmasterp

but to say that they were nothing more than a remix of 60s/70s music is disingenuous,

What did they bring to the table that was different (apart from being dickheads I mean)? In that same timeframe we had bands like Kyuss and Soundgarden taking older sounds, but completely reinventing them. Different strokes like I said, but I stand by my original Jive Bunny comment 😉

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just watched two of the Jools H performances on you tube (do not know if they only performed two tracks). It was ok …. did not burn my ears out. Wouldn’t go and buy it.

It is Liam Gallagher- not sure what sound, performance and lyrics others might have thought they would witness?

Rorschach
    Free Member

His full name is William John Paul Ringo George Aaaaaavvvviniiiit Rocknroll Gallagher

mikey74
    Free Member

It is Liam Gallagher- not sure what sound, performance and lyrics others might have thought they would witness?

That was part of my earlier point: He’s always been that crap.

chestrockwell

Oasis were genuinely superb for a few years and defined the time. Defo 90’s icons.

I realised it had all gone probably 10 years ago when they performed on the BBC electric proms. Liam’s voice had gone and sounded like a bad karaoke of himself. Actually think his voice has improved recently but he/they are well past their prime.

seosamh77
    Free Member

he really should stop looking up singing lessons on youtube.

votchy
    Free Member

Having been a bit anti LG due to his dickishness then seeing Supersonic where clearly he has far more empathy with people than Noel does I have grown to like him. His festival appearances over the summer have been very good, agree the appearance on Jools was poor but I thought he sounded good and the band sounded poor. he must be doing something right as his tour sold out in a few hours and there are still plenty of tickets available for his brothers tour.
    I like LG and would go and see him, I dislike his brother.

Garry_Lager

genesiscore502011 – Member

Just watched two of the Jools H performances on you tube (do not know if they only performed two tracks). It was ok …. did not burn my ears out. Wouldn’t go and buy it.

It is Liam Gallagher- not sure what sound, performance and lyrics others might have thought they would witness? Don’t know what his live voice used to be like, but on record it was really strong. Easily the standout thing about Oasis, IMHO. Nowadays it seems dreadful.

I guess if you have a very physical singing style then your voice must weaken with age – like a midfielder losing their legs in the prem.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I guess if you have a very physical singing style then your voice must weaken with age – like a midfielder losing their legs in the prem.

Or he’s just surrounded by sycophants, say aye magic big man, you’ve nailed this! The guy clearly has no musical knowledge.

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing to do with losing it – he’s just become a parody of what he used to be. In Oasis (early days anyway) he didn’t try hard, just naturally had that belligerent, punky attitude. Now it’s all forced and badly acted.

warton
    Free Member

I was somewhat surprised to see a autocue on the floor

There’s a very funny clip on youTube, of Noel asking Liam why he never sings the second verse of Acquiescence. his response is that he doesn’t know what the verse is, “never heard it mate, the guy who puts the words in front of me has obviously **** it off”

bikebouy
    Free Member

I didn’t watch the JHolz thingumy.. so my thoughts are based around the fact that I think he’s quite the narcissist and deserves less attention that he’s given.
    His brother seems to have been hit with both the humour and musicality stick and I’m quite warming to his observations on both music industry and social apathy.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Liam G. on Joolz H.’ is closed to new replies.