• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by benz.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Li-ion battery pack source.
  • irishdave
    Free Member

Has anybody found a good UK source of Lithium ion packs to rival the choice of All-Battery.com.
    I had found my perfect battery Pack – 11.1v 5.2 Ah at aggod price. Went to order it only to find that delivery was as much as the battery pack.
    I haven’t been able to find anything equivelent here yet.

wwaswas

5mudge who used to be on here was always good for batteries – not sure if he’s still aroudn though.

epicyclo

After this Puffer, I’m fed up of bike battery packs. They cost a fortune and most have their own connectors which prevent you using any other battery pack.

I think the answer is to buy a power tool that uses the same voltage, and use its charger and battery for bike lights. Of course a few connectors would have to be made up, but that would be the problem solved.

I’ve spent lunchtime wandering around looking at likely prospects.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Got one from Smudge recently – great product and very helpful guy.

cxi
    Free Member

Have a look at All-Battery’s ebay store.

You can get 2 x 11.1v Li-ion 18650 packs with bare leads for £25 with postage £10 from the USA.

Innes
    Free Member

What price was your pack from Smudge Gary? What the the spec?

Innes

z1ppy

give him an email. smudgemtbuk@aol.com

kinda666
    Free Member

I had some batteries off smudge too, very happy!

gunthunter
    Free Member

http://www.batteryspace.com/

USA but seem to have extremely go0d pricing and selection.

The chargers are all 110-240v too..

irishdave
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments.
    I spotted all-batteries ebay shop and will probably go that way, I just fancied the 5200mAh 11.1v pack they’ve got on themain site.
    They have 5200mAh pack on Batteryspace but the small print says that on top of the $45 delivery to the UK there will be an extra charge for Lithium products. The airlines are a bit careful about carrying Lithium, giving the delivery companies reason to apply extra charges.
    Do Smudges batteries come with PCB protestion?

peakprowler
    Free Member

I have a Batterspace 14.8v 4800mAh Li-ion & charger for sale on classifieds if thats any good for yo

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

Smudge’s batteries are very good and they’re well finished.

Contact him, for prices and options.

You can get a custom battery ( within the realms of what he can make ) and he’s a nice fella too.

My Batteries have come with full protection, and when I popped the fuse on one, I sent it back and he fixed at the bare minimum of cost, just postage I think.

Highly recommend !.

🙂

CC.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Innes you really would be better getting touch with Smudge, my battery is for a specific application so price could be way different for you.

smudge
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m still here 🙂
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.
    yes i’m still building li-Ion batteries, but due to smudge senior being in hospital for the last 3 weeks ive had to put everything to one side.

Let me know what you are after and i’ll return youre email within a couple of days.
    But please bear with me on my prices as the exchange rate has effected me as everyone else. But remember I am in the UK, delivery is usually within a few days of payment plus I come highly commended by the singletrack guys.

Or you could buy cheap and cheerful stuff on ebay from across the pond..

for more info and pics please email me

rangeroy
    Free Member

all battery are not so good, battery space were ok when exchange rate was ok but 5mudge is by far your best bet, I have had a batt from him top quality & top price

Speshpaul

I would spend my money with 5mudge again.

benz
    Free Member

Yep – Smudge is yer man.

Got a couple of li-ion packs from him now and working dandily fine with a variety of halogen, triple and quad LED’s

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Li-ion battery pack source.’ is closed to new replies.