Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lezyne v. cateye…?
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Looking at a set of lights should I ever make myself honour the ‘CX bike would make a great commuter’ excuse I made to myself to buy the SLR1.

Been eyeing up the Cateye Volt and Lezyne super drive (both in 1200 l flavour).

Lezyne is cheaper with quicker recharge period, Cateye longer lasting.

Anybody got experience of either, any recommendations?

Oh it’s for riding on an old railway line unlit for approx 10 miles…. Then lit/roads. So to see.

funkrodent

Have a gander at the grouptest below. 2 years ago but still relevant. Superb, not least in that it allows you to compare the depth/brightnes/penetration of each light. It’s currently helping me with my enquiries… 😉

Road.cc light grouptest

metalheart
    Free Member

Thanks funkr. Unfortunately not recent enough to be of any great help, but it was worth a look…

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

My Super Drive broke after 2 months.
    I still have my Volt 1200 after 2 years.
    YMMV

metalheart
    Free Member

Thanks Adam.

A general rummage about seems to suggest Cateye the better product (albeit at approx third more cost…). Hmmm.

spyke85
    Free Member

Lezyne lights always come back at work due to being faulty…

Flaperon

I bought a Lezyne light a couple of years ago. It broke within a month. Then the replacement stopped working. Then Evans gave me a refund.

metalheart
    Free Member

Ok, ok, Cateye it is. Thanks for the responses, I guess that’s why I was I asking.

Next question is, better to go with brighter front light (1200) and compromise on the rear (my budget is £150 for the set) or drop to the 900 Volt (was looking at 100Lm rear…)?

bobster
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t compromise on a rear light, as that’s the way traffic coming up behind you will see you.

If it was me I’d find a way to afford a decent rear and get the Volt 1200 that you like.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lezyne v. cateye…?’ is closed to new replies.