Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lexus RX 400H 3.3 SE-L ….anyone got one?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

In my quest to find a suitable car for work, I’ve been test driving the following:

Range Rover, Freelander 2, Range Rover Sport, Discovery 4, Volvo XC90, BMW X5, Porsche Cheyenne D and this evening the Lexus RX400.

I’m nore than a little bit impressed by the Lexus, anyone else lived with one?

Cheers

geoffj

What’s the new job? Drug dealer?

nickf
    Free Member

It’s a completely different car to, say, the Discovery. Small inside, not 4wd (technically, I suppose, but only just) and really quite thirsty. My next door neighbour has one and thinks it’s “OK-ish” but he’d not have another. Thinks it’s very anodyne.

Freelander 2 is horrid, XC90 is good but old, X5 is excellent (but why not just buy a 530D), and the Cayenne is fugly. RR Sport is a hideous style statement.

Range Rover is gorgeous but pricey, Disco is almost as good but still very expensive.

Thought about a Touareg, if you need both space and 4WD? Or a Merc R-Class (mind you, they’re ugly even after the facelift). If you don’t need 4wd, E320 estate?

Brycey
    Free Member

2 tonne 3 litte V6 4×4 “hybrid” = oxymoron

I smell troll.

nickf
    Free Member

2 tonne 3 litte V6 4×4 “hybrid” = oxymoron

I smell troll.

Well it certainly exists, so I’m not sure the troll designation is accurate. Whether it should exist, well, that’s an entirely different question.

Brycey
    Free Member

I know it exists, I just struggle to see why anyone would buy one. I smell troll because it’s not a question you’d normally ask on STEW

Brycey
    Free Member

STW, even.

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope not a troll this time folks, for 18k I can get a low mileage high spec car that will see me doing the 500 miles a week I drive in comfort and safety, especially through the winter months down in the more remote parts of England & Wales. And bloody hell is it quick, it’s astonishingly quick to boot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lexus RX 400H 3.3 SE-L ….anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.