Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lewis Hamiltons dad…… is it just me?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

But every time I see him on telly I think 'what the fs are you doing there?'

You don't see all the other driver's parents hanging around the pits [wearing team uniform now I see] every bl@@dy race. Is he a control freak, got nothing better to do (can't see Mrs Hamilton there), super league hanger-on, or just a nice bloke taking an interest in his son? Makes my blood boil……….. grrrr.

theflatboy
    Free Member

you're not being serious, presumably?

clubber
    Free Member

JB's Dad's been to every F1 race of his bar one.

Massa's Dad's often there

Lots of F1 drivers (and famous sports people in general) have family involved in their management – LH's Dad is his manager.

thepurist

Umm – Button's dad is also a permanent fixture at races. But he wears pink shirts rather than team uniform. And I think Lewis is managed by his dad, or he certainly was when he entered F1, so that probably explains an interest. Think Button's dad is just a nice bloke taking an interest in his son though.

genesis
    Free Member

Think the pair of them look smug, never been a Hamilton fan.

As for Button winning, its about time. Well done.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Uhhh if you were into your car racing and had a son who was a world-class car racing driver, and you had free access to the team areas, would you not also be there? Get real!

genesis
    Free Member

Totally, think I'd be in the hospitality suite though!

Drac

Didn't his Mum walk out when he was young and has never shown any support, his Dad looked after him and encouraged him all the way through his career and like others have said is his manager.

What's wrong with supporting your kids, there your kids no matter how old they are.

Pigface
    Free Member

Was shagging Ron Dennis daughter apparently, is a bit of a player.

vinnyeh

Think Button's dad is just a nice bloke taking an interest in his son though.

Button's dad has been like a pig in shit since Button got into F1. I think he's taken errr full advantage of the 'opportunities' that have come his way.

He does seem like a nice bloke though, and I'm sure I'd have done the same.

LH's father seems a bit different- very considered and controlling most of the time, but doesn't come across as a happy bunny really. Maybe needs to take the manager hat off sometimes, and just be a proud happy parent.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ahhhhh……. didn't know he was his manager. Maybe he should smile a bit more!

theflatboy
    Free Member

but even if you didn't, if you'd watched the grand prix yesterday you'd have seen the dad's of button, barrichello, massa (despite the fact he wasn't even racing) and probably several more – it's not like L and AH are breaking some sort of parent embargo 😕

FuzzyWuzzy

Given everything LH's dad did for him in his early career I'd say he's got every right to be there (even if he wasn't related…).

badblood
    Free Member

And it may be a McLaren thing tha if you are in the pit area you 'suit up' so to speak. I am sure other drivers managers walk around in team colours.

ianpinder
    Free Member

LH's father seems a bit different- very considered and controlling most of the time, but doesn't come across as a happy bunny really. Maybe needs to take the manager hat off sometimes, and just be a proud happy parent.

Guessing you didn't watch when LH win the championship last year then, i'm not sure who cried more lewis or anthony

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Note to self – do not go to support either sons when they are playing for Chesterfield next week. Thanks for the parenting tip!! Would hate to be thought of as a hanger on. 🙄

My dad came to watch me in all my sporting endeavours (sorry Dad!), never thought to ask if he was disappointed with Hockey Groupies! 😆

Would either of them be where they are without either of their parents backing them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lewis Hamiltons dad…… is it just me?’ is closed to new replies.