Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Leveson – Brooks Today
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

After yesterday’s non-event, are we in for another straight bat today or is Cam squirming? I suspect we won’t get anything like the dirt we’re hoping for. 😐

binners

I’m sure there are some very twitchy people this morning at No 10.

She knows where the bodies are buried. Depends if she’s feeling wronged. Hell hath no fury, and all that

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just watching this.

Idiotic woman seems to think it’s an opportunity for her to name drop and make jokes.

I hope they get strung up.

Not sure who they are.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevewhyte
    Free Member

Cameron and lol seem to go together quite well.

This whole thing is so smelly.

Swelper
    Free Member

Everyone concerned is being very careful in their wording and answers. Definitely some Government / Press cosyness. Just needs one person to light the blue touch paper……Booom

I suspect there are some fairly large fireworks waiting in the cupboard

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed Swelper, there must be. It looks to me like there’s been a lot of “Let’s get our stories straight” chats gone on before testimony (is it a “testimony”?).

So, question is, who’s going to set them off?

kimbers

nothing will change hunt may go, but murdoch will do just enough damage to leave cameron clinging on,
    but with a warning to the government not to mess with the real puppet masters

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

nothing will change

Shitting shittiingly shit. 🙁

Depressing.

Swelper
    Free Member

Cant help thinking the Times will publish a story of some description which will expose just enough to “break” the silence / Government. Just enough to tumble the stack of cards……..

Murdoch’s revenge anyone

Kevevs
    Free Member

Farce. may as well bring in monty pythons spanish inquisition.

binners

It’s difficult to imagine how all these News Internationsl lot ran such a huge multinational media monster, with such terrible memories. They don ‘t seem to be able to recall anything at all. Rupert must have Alzeimers, and clearly it’s infectious

binners

Oops. Double post

donsimon
    Free Member

Depressing.

+1

kimbers

i really hope that brooks coulson and (in my wildest dreams) the murdochs do time for their crimes

sadly they will buy themselves out of trouble with murdochs billion dollar lawyers

Kevevs
    Free Member

meanwhile penniless London rioters do serious time for stealing a TV. That’s the sick irony.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It isn’t just NI employees who are forgetful, the Prime Minister can’t remember when he met Rupert Murdoch. Perhaps chats were so frequent they blurred into one.

zokes
    Free Member

meanwhile penniless London rioters do serious time for stealing a TV. That’s the sick irony.

I’m not quite sure the two are connected in any way whatsoever…

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh, the poor lambs.

totalshell

all very clever people ducking and diving forgetting every day occurances yet remembering minute detail of others. they must go home pissing them selves laughing.
    overall cant help but think why go through this charade/ farce when no one will go to jail when innocents are losing jobs / income and the press and govt should be focussed on real every day issues.
    did you meet someone and thier first comment was.. levesons making a real diference to my life..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

did you meet someone and thier first comment was.. levesons making a real diference to my life..

Well no, but I’ll continue to think this stuff is important – in the vain hope that one of these shysters will be punished for what he or she has done – though of course, I know it won’t happen, as you rightly said.

It’s ok to be concerned about lots of different things. 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

As it has always been, so it shall continue to be.

Politicians, journalists, police, corporate senior management…. power corrupts and in the great scheme of things in this reality, there is little we can do to either stop it or prevent it.

Just be reconciled with the knowledge that to the ants – we are weather.

Something to ponder whilst grinding up the climbs….

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brooks – fab performance,the West End beckons, pity it’s not Tyburn. 😀

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I wish they’d stop wasting money on this farce.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

“As it has always been, so it shall continue to be. “

Yes. Thats what they said about:
    Women being refused the right to vote
    Women not being able to legally own property
    Slavery
    Not educating the children of the poor
    Kids being apprenticed to full time work at the age of 5
    Blocking the working classes from contraceptive and family planning advice
    Health care for the well off and death for the poor (pre NHS)

Err, until someone actually stopped saying “As it has always been, so it shall continue to be.”

Apathy, ‘its not my problem’, ‘I dont want to hear about it they should leave it be’ and sheep like mentalities
    – how the ruling elite love to see these in the underclasses.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

but it’s costing a fortune, no-ones going to jail.

Murdoch looks a T**t – job done.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I wonder what would happen if, when offered the bible and the pledge to tell the truth to the committee, you declined to make the pledge?

kimbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18062485

perverting the course of justice, i take it this is to dod with taht stupid laptop in the bin thing her husband tried to pull of?
    as ive said before im sure they will get away with it money talks…

sad thing is she isnt being done for phone hacking for which she and a big chunk of the press are undoubtedly complicit in

binners

Mrs Brooks is facing three charges of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice while her husband faces two.

In a statement, they accused the CPS of “posturing” and said: “We deplore this weak and unjust decision.”

Oh hello. Are we heading for a Jonathan Aitken moment….

Here’s hoping eh? 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    dannyh
    Free Member

Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice.

Good. If there’s sufficient evidence to press charges, hopefully this will also stand up in a real trial. There will be the usual flashy lawyers doing their best, but hopefully justice will be done.

The cynicism of this woman and all she stands for are sickening – I get the impression that MPs and ministers will be being reminded (in hushed tones) of past favours accepted, and some kind of papering-over will be attempted. Hopefully the likes of Tom Watson will get there in the end, but they’ll have to play a very good game – any over-egging the pudding creates a chink in the armour that the lawyers can grab on to and not let go.

Will Brooks continue to act as the Murdochs’ cut-out – or will she turn and spit some of her venom back at the hand that fed? I wouldn’t put it past her – so long as it was in her interest to do it, of course.

wrecker
    Free Member

She has the morals of a ginger alley cat. I wonder if she wants a pen friend? 😀
    She could unload all of her sexual frustration on me, and I could unload on her. 😉

binners

😯

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh come on binners. If you knew nobody would find out…….

binners

She’s terrifying!!! I suppose if you tried an incredibly high risk ‘angry dragon’ then you’d never have to prove your manhood in any other way. Go on….. I dares ya!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Half a chance is all I need binners. Half a chance and I’ll be like a ferret up a drainpipe.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just bumping this above cheeky TeeJ’s thread. :mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sowwy 🙂

binners

Your apology only gets accepted if you can get a more disturbing image than wrecker has conjured up, perhaps involving tromboning or double bassing

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, indeed, after wreckers’ contribution, maybe this one should be let die 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Leveson – Brooks Today’ is closed to new replies.