Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Lets see your Planet X's!
  • Bazz

Inspired by the On one’s thread lets see the your bikes from the other side of the coin as it were, here’s mine

and whilst i still have this frame it’s in the process of being re-born as a flat barred tourer/hybrid

sefton
    Free Member

sefton
    Free Member

would be nice if the form was closer to that of the nano light (which is a looker)

horizontal TT and some sculpting around the headtube please..

trail_rat
    Free Member

hjghg5
    Free Member

ghisallo by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Not completely finished, and has much nicer wheels which are tucked away for the time being.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What do you use that for then ? Open road tts ? Come across a guy up here who uses one for that.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Yeah, new time trial build for this season.

boxxer7
    Free Member

tinribz
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog

dantsw13

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Raced a few times last year, though don’t have a finished photo handy…

Am quite tempted to add a Ti Pro Road to the collection too, would be a nice swap out for my winter frame.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

ordered and paid for my carbon cx bike this morning.
    found out after i paid for it .that they take 5 to 7 days to build it .
    gutted was hoping to get it mid week.
    🙁

hora
    Free Member

Boxxer7- thats the ’57? How does it ride? Put off by the flexy front on the pro as Im a big bloke but dont want a rigid harsh ride either.

brant
    Free Member

Boxxer7- thats the ’57? How does it ride? Put off by the flexy front on the pro as Im a big bloke but dont want a rigid harsh ride either.

An RT58 would be ideal for you.

hora
    Free Member

I’d love one but it’d be a stretch to a 57 over a Pro already 🙁

Bikeradar said the c456 was rigid/harsh but my fat arse overcame/made it comfy 8)

boxxer7
    Free Member

hora-It has a very racey feel to it, it’s definitely very stiff. That said I love it and it’s comfy enough, I use it for commuting to and from work during the week it’s a very quick bike. I weigh 75kg about 5.10 and ride a medium if that helps at all.

h4muf
    Free Member

2012-12-30 12.03.37 by h4muf, on Flickr

hora
    Free Member

So a RT58 is the answer

dantsw13

Hora – that’s my Red/white RT57 ^^^^ . I’m 95kg, and it definitely doesn’t have a flexy front end like the Pro is reputed to be.

To make mine slightly less racy, I went for a large, for the taller headtube, and specced a slightly shorter stem to keep the reach right.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I kid you not, the Nanolight was nicer to ride decent distances than the S-Works Roubaix I had before it and handled better than the Litespeed titanium frame I had before that. Not knocking either of them – supremely good frames in their own right, but I noticed a difference nonetheless. I ran similar wheels / drivetrain / finishing kit on them all and was really blown away with the PX. It punches waaaaaaay above its weight (and looks quite pretty for a plastic bike too). It was light, fast, confidence inspiring and fun to ride – highly recommended.

Saying all that… the F&F is up for grabs now because my Tripster ATR is getting all the use these days. There’s nothing that can touch that, but it’s a completely different animal to the PX and represents a change in focus in my riding more than anything.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Built as a bit of a weenie project it came in around 7kg’s. I’m hoping to swap the F+F this year though, never really liked the look of it but enjoyed the ride very much, very comfy and fast, never noticed any flex either.

Haze

My much loved Nanolight, now hanging in the garage as a reminder to take more care when removing from the car rack…

😥

sefton
    Free Member

the nano is such a better looking frame (horizontal top tube)!

has anyone rode both the nano and pro?

gone to the hills – did you sell yours?

heavy_rat
    Free Member

IMAG0250 by heavy_rat, on Flickr

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Hi sefton. I’ve not ridden the Pro so can’t compare, unfortunately. My Nanolight is for sale though – drop me a line if you like. I’m not too far from you, I think?

Bazz

Hora – have you ridden the Pro and found it flexy or just wary because of the reviews? I’m no lightweight (14.5 Stone) and don’t find mine in the least bit flexy, granted the old stock wheels (PX model c’s) were flexy and cornering and out of the saddle efforts caused the rims to rub on the brake blocks but since swapping them out for the Racing 5’s that no longer happens.

hora
    Free Member

Hi Bazz I admit I haven’t – I was going to pop down to Rotherham or Sheff this weekend and get a bike sorted asap from that. I think I’ve bought every single on-one model from them- now its time for a Planet X 😆

(I’m 15stone 7, 34 waist, GSOH and pretty grey eyes)

Bazz

See if they’ll let you have a test ride and find a couple of corners to chuck it round and then make your own mind up, i’m a cynic but reckon half of all bike reviews are cobblers anyway, if you rode this back to back with Greipels ultra stiff sprint machine then maybe you would notice a little flex, for normal real world use i’ve not noticed any.

Haze

Nanolight is/was supposedly stiffer than the SL Pro.

I can’t compare the two but I found my Nanolight to be far more compliant than the Focus it replaced.

Nicer ride but had a bit of flex at the back when climbing that I never got using the same wheels on the Focus.

julians
    Free Member
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your Planet X's!’ is closed to new replies.