• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ndg.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Let's see your interesting cable/hose routeing solutions
  • IHN

Anticipating the arrival of a dropper post, I’m thinking how I might route the cable along the top tube. The existing cable bosses are already taken up with brake and gear cables, and I know I could just zip-tie it on, but there must be a more elegant solution.

Give me some inspiration…

marcus
    Free Member

Drill a couple of holes and go internal. Snot like your riding is going to push the strength envelope of the frame now is it.

Mackem

I just ziptied to the brake hose. Looks fine.

SamB
    Free Member

Remove your front mech and use the guides for your dropper 8)

Tracey

Small zip tie to existing cables on top tube or down tube

Specialized seat clamp has a groove in it to guide the cable

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Send the dropper post back-if unopened you should get a full refund

IHN

Er, okay 😕

I_Ache
    Free Member

This is mine, it would probably work better with smaller zip ties.

P1010442 by i_ache, on Flickr

P1010441 by i_ache, on Flickr

IHN

Did you see the bit where I asked for ‘elegant’ solutions? 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

Fair point but it works really well. It would be more elegant if smaller zip ties were used.

clubber
    Free Member

As has been suggested, zip tie the dropper cable to the brake cable on the top tube. Works for me and you’d really not notice it as two cables unless you’re looking for it.

full size here

greeble
    Free Member

elegant you say…

or

double zip tie

IHN

Ooh, Greeble, I like the top ones 🙂

greeble
    Free Member

you can get them here
    in funky colours
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/dia-compe-cable-clamp-prod27772/

IA

zip-tie plus a washer to make a loop for the cable, if that makes sense? I’ll try and find a pic…

StefMcDef
    Free Member

A guy I ride with has an Ibis Mojo carbon fitted with the new “Stealth” Reverb dropper post, where the cable is designed to run up inside compatible frames.

He has taken the headtube badge off, enlarged the hole that it was fixed to slightly and runs the cable down through the inside of the frame, even though there is no provision for it.

Seems dodgy as hell to me but it’s his bike and he did work for a carbon/composites/materials company, so he probably knows best.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your interesting cable/hose routeing solutions’ is closed to new replies.