Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Lets see those 29ers and 69ers
  • bullheart
    Free Member

RevWill – 'Brand new' 2nd hand! Previous owner had ridden it once down his street! I think they stopped bringing them over in '08. It came from Epson Cycles; might be worth contacting them?

LordOnOne
    Free Member

Love the Niner and the Carbon forks but I'm afraid that almost £400 for rigid forks is just a little too rich for my blood. Even if I was on my old overpaid contract.

Wow…the price has gone up a lot since last year when I got mine. And who pays retail anyway? 😀 It's a great fork though!

rOcKeTdOg

possibly for sale if i can make my mind up

RevWill
    Free Member

petesgaff : Dammit, I was hoping someone was importing them. Though I wouldn't sniff at secondhand either. I'm looking for a rigid 29er ss for an enduro bike, but finding a bike I like within my absolute maximum £500 budget, ideally £400, isn't easy. There was some sale Kona Units which were perfect, but no 19" available.

oddjob
    Free Member

Loving the Superfly, but I may be tempted when the Ti version of this comes out this year…

speaker2animals

And a quick look at Trek website seems to indicate that they have dropped the 69er. Or is that just for UK?

It no longer seems that you can select a county website on Trek or Fisher and my browser (Chrome) seems to direct you directly to your local site. So can't see if the RIG and 69er are still available in the US.

Anyone know?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

possibly for sale if i can make my mind up

Let me know if you are selling. Im keen to give a 29er a go.

fenboy

mr R'dog would be interested in your frame (presume large?) (and rigid fork if you still have) if you're thinking of selling in future?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member
    If anyone from Brixton Cycles is reading this, please could they stop doing so and build my Karate Monkey? Fanks.

I was in there yesterday. They were all moaning about some customer who keeps buying Surly bikes from them. Said he had a Big Dummy and would never shut up about it….

😉

(That was before a quick session in the park on my Enduro!)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Meh. I've wanted a Monkey since I first saw Mog's but never got round to it. And now I've got one on order, so a 6 week wait is annoying in a way a 5 year wait wasn't. 😀

singlespeedstu

Just for BD.

My old brown Monkey.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

1961Bikie – And a quick look at Trek website seems to indicate that they have dropped the 69er. Or is that just for UK?…

Trek have dropped the 69er from their product line, so it's no longer available anywhere. I was lucky and managed to buy the last one Evans had in stock 😀

Dalesbikecentre

For all you 69er rider's out there have you heard about the '69er Gathering' here at Dales Bike Centre in March. With a bit of sponsorship from Trek Bikes we are dedicating the weekend to nearly *ahem* all things 69er .

A weekend of guided riding in the glorious mountain biking mecca of the Yorkshire Dales – Swaledale. Maybe there'll be some beer, some grub, a party and all sorts of stuff that we and Trek are still working on.

For an 'ickle bit more info look here – 69er Gathering

Just let us know you're coming, if you need accommodation we can help sort that.

Happy big wheeling folk's

Stu

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

That sounds interesting. What's on the agenda then?

halfbee
    Free Member

check out #69ergathering on Twitter

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

I don't tweet… 😮

29erKeith
    Free Member

speaker2animals

Well done Dales Bike Centre – just seems a little odd now that Trek have dropped the 69ers.

In reply to my own questions earlier I have now found how to swap between country sites for Trek and Fisher. So have found that; Trek have dropped 69ers, Fisher still do the Rig for the US market and also now have a Superfly SS frameset.

Dalesbikecentre

Thats Not My Name

What's 69er Gathering all about? I guess a weekend of riding, few beers with fellow compatriots who extol the virtues of the frontal big wheel :-). The gathering is here at Dales Bike Centre, Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales 19th-21st March, just sign up and turn up. There's quite a turn out signed up from Trek UK and many others from around and about riding the 69er. There's no entry fee, it's not a race, it's a gathering. If you need accommodation drop us a line. Hope to see you here in March DM me if you any specific questions or sign up.

69er Gathering invite

1961 Bikie – Tis a shame indeed that Trek have let 69er rest and sleep to await entry into the hall of MTB fame. Means if you are a lucky someone who has one – hold on to it.

Happy big wheel'in folks

Stu

Dalesbikecentre

Halfbee

That is a brilliant photo, hope you got your 69er back from the thieving badger!

Are you signed up yet?

psychle
    Free Member

Not quite finished yet, but here's my entry into the 69'er club 🙂

chainslapp
    Free Member

Does anyone know when the Inbred 29er in sand colour was first launched?

Ti29er
    Free Member

like to see them get round our tight hairpins on the Chase

What tight hairpins?
    I've ridden the Red Route many times.
    Is this what you're referring to?

The only 2x tight turns I can't quite manage so far, and it's more getting my head around them, is one 10ft section on the White's Level North Shore and a little later, dropping hard R down around a tree before a steep climb and another forestry bolck; same trail.

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

It started as a Diamondback Mojito, I'm slowly replacing all the parts on it.

DSB
    Free Member

mi Lynskey pro29 helix… 23.5lb of fun 🙂

chainslapp
    Free Member

Have you guessed what it is yet?

jfeb
    Free Member

Straight out of the box

coastkid
    Free Member

2 surlys..monkey & pugs…

allankelly

It must be the time of year, there's 3 threads with this picture on today…

And my ex-Swift

And another 456 incarnation:

Cheers, al.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Lets see those 29ers and 69ers’ is closed to new replies.