Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Lets get excited about Mayhem
  • Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Never been there when its been really muddy, bet it hell isnt it?

mrvear
    Free Member

Its my first one, riding in the alpkit tem and I can not wait 😀

rkk01
    Free Member

Never been there when its been really muddy, bet it hell isnt it?

Worse

ourmaninthenorth

First one for me.

And first time back to Eastnor since the Malverns Classic in 1993….

chipps

This year will be my 13th Mayhem… I've raced every single one and I'm looking forward to doing it again – as someone said, Mayhem is more than the course, or the exhibitors (or the weather) – it's a long weekend of camping with your friends, with a bit of bike riding in it. 🙂

I don't know what the course is doing this year, but I'm seeing Pat on Monday, so I'll ask.

Sounds like I'll see some of you at Set2Rise and Bristol12 first though. Here's to the summer!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Chipps: your the Man..! Tell Pat that we think a Band is needed friday night nothing to crazy just so you can hang about and have a couple of tins with ya mates….
    Oh and 'MrVear' if ya got a spare Bivi going Im ya man.. 😉

mrvear
    Free Member

Hello Bigface0_0 I don't have a bivi myself 🙁 I am on the alpkit team as they did a thing on their website where you sent in your details and why you should ride for them and they picked their team from that. Found out 3 weeks ago and have been riding to pubs and back training since then.
    Hope to see you there Chipps, You may not remember me but I am mates with Jez from Kinkybikes and I look like your mate and Brian Blessed although I no longer have the beard.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Any news on the track yet??

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i havent even built my bike for this years mayhem yet !! ooopsiee

numplumz
    Free Member

Get your finger out Rich 😉
    Lets hope Pat runs the course through the campsite again this year, the atmosphere at last years event was shit! The trackside hecklers are what make it fun, come on Pat sort it out.

grtdkad

Thought last years route was ace, had a bit of everything. Have noted that the finals came through referring to a whole new route this year though…

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Yeah see someone said its the track is the other side of the castle.?

grtdkad

I don't know what the course is doing this year, but I'm seeing Pat on Monday, so I'll ask.

…Chipps – any news?

phildowling
    Free Member

Camping wise, how bad is the towels on sunbed situation?
    I'm soloing and the company is running a team. Ideally we'd like trackside camping but earliest we are there will probably be friday mid afternoon….

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Yeah not sure your get trackside but the Solos have there own camping area by the start/finish. Still loads of room Friday lunch but it does fill up fast. I get there Thusday mid morning to get a spot…

phildowling
    Free Member

Cheers for that! We may be having a change of plan or the team are fending for themselves 🙂

deep_river
    Free Member

Who remembers when it was the malvern hills festival, before mayhem, they were the good old days!

I rember watching will longden and ed mosley over the doubles. Very inspiring to a 16 yr old at the start of his mountain biking life, now a 35 yr old who still has as much fun on a bike as he used to then!

In't biking great!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Chipps, any news on the course???

grtdkad

Aaaargh, less than 7-days to go!!! 😯

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

My Singuler finally lives and that means i have a bike for mayhem !

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Nice one Rich looks good

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Cant wait now to get down there and ride it, i have the perfect frame of mind that i dont care what the weather is going to do or how we do as a team. im just going to run that bike, those tyres and hopefully shred for as long as my body will enable me to!

grtdkad

Bucketing down with rain in Malvern right now – big storm clouds, however I think the forecast for the week looks pretty good and dry after Tuesday.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Lets get excited about Mayhem’ is closed to new replies.