Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lethargy breeds Lethargy
  • trout
    Free Member

seems to be true even in the doggie world
    twice now I have noticed with our dog young parsons terroir
    normally he is bouncing and full of beans but just returned from holiday and he was left with our lazy daughter
    so he has had two weeks of no running with me on the bike just the bare minimum of short walks .

all he wants to do is sleep and not go for walks these last two days and seems to have lost his bounce
    and the sun came out today so got him and the bike out but had to walk behind him and prompt him to walk. he kept wanting to turn round and go home

Got him to the canal towpath and he jogged for a while but not really interested .and he has put on some lard too

Guess its time for both of us to get some more exercise again and regain our mojos

bradley
    Free Member

I want to start doing towpath rides with my dog. I actually have 3 dogs, but I don’t trust 2 of them to actually run with me, that and they’re both just lazy. Any tips? I have a cocker spaniel who can run all day but not sure she will do as shes told and keep up, instead stop and sniff grass and piss everywhere as dogs do.

qwerty
    Free Member

Check his paws for nicotine stains.

trout
    Free Member

Give it a try and see what they do. towpaths good as they can only go in two directions

just need to be quick on the brakes when they stop to sniff and pee

Paddy is now resting after 7 miles and taken his ciggies off him 😳

bradley
    Free Member

If I stopped every time she wanted to sniff and piss I might aswell have walked >.<

Should I just keep going for her fear of being left behind perhaps?

BoardinBob

Give it a try and see what they do. towpaths good as they can only go in two directions

or into the water, which is highly probable with my dog!

trout
    Free Member

Result. 3 good runs and he is bouncing around like a puppy again
    shame about his owner stiff as a board now

scruff
    Free Member

Bradley, cheese or something proper tasty. Give em some at start, then ride off and stop, when (if) they catch you up more cheese. Repeat. I taught mine on towpaths, great 2D training ground.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lethargy breeds Lethargy’ is closed to new replies.