Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Let down mates!!!
  • leec247
    Free Member

Was meant to be heading to south Wales over the Xmas break but my 2 riding buddies have let me down again!!!! Anyone know a way to cure this problem???

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You sounds a little deflated by the hole experience, are they under pressure from anyone to not go?

leec247
    Free Member

I would say guess but it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to work out who!!!! Which seems weird as they both brought brand new treks a couple months ago

philconsequence
    Free Member

it really knocks the wind out of you when mates do this!

they were probably full of hot air when they agreed to it, shame cos its a good opportunity to let off steam

the cure? …. more friends 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OR their ms rules their diaries and they are space cadets and forgot it was Christmas? I say, go anyway and make sure you tell them how much of a fabulous time you had!

RustyMac

the cure? …. more friends

You of all people should know better than that Mr Phil, but as you are hungover i’ll let you off.

Cure – set up a forum ride in South Wales so you don’t miss out on your biking 😉

theprawn
    Free Member

have you considered that maybe they don’t like you.

leec247
    Free Member

Tell me about it. Luckily even though I’ve got a daughter and the wife’s pregnant I can go riding whenever I like.
    So I was looking forward to hitting the south wales hills rather than the quantocks

Am thinking about finding some new riding buddies seeing as mine have turn into massive let downs

snaps
    Free Member

When are you going?
    We were thinking about going up from North Devon over Xmas.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Luckily even though I’ve got a daughter and the wife’s pregnant I can go riding whenever I like.

Have you got your priorities right?

theprawn
    Free Member

you won’t be getting much on fathers day, that’s for sure. maybe that’s why your friends keep ditching you, they think that if they don’t go you might actually spend some time with your young family.

high 5!

justatheory
    Free Member

Tell them there will be lots of attractive women there.

ton

put a post up on here and organise a forum ride for the day you were gonna ride there.
    one of the best weekends i ever had was when me and my lad went up to inners and glentress over xmas to meet a load of lads off here
    it was a fantastic weekend.

build it and they will come………… 8)

bigG
    Free Member

Have you though about taking up climbing, and inviting fit birds to come along? You could have a bright future ahead if you do….

leec247
    Free Member

i have got my priorities rite thanx ive just got an understanding wife. i spend loads of time with them it helps that the quantocks r 5 mins up the road. everybody needs some downtime to do what they enjoy

leec247
    Free Member

i like the sound of fit birds as company doubt the wife would though

theprawn
    Free Member

sure they do. i’m sure you’re great. HIGH 5!

wrecker
    Free Member

We go over fairly often from Bristol. Welcome to join us if you want. Mail in profile.

taxi25
    Free Member

Where were you planning to ride in beautiful S.Wales leec247 ?. I’m thinking of puting a North Cardiff ride together for Tues the 27th.

leec247
    Free Member

cheers chap that would be good

leec247
    Free Member

was thinking of cwmcarn really enjoyed it a few months ago and was looking forward to heading back there

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ll come. when are we off?

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of mates who do this all the time. Some of the time the reason is genuine but usually it’s very weak. It’s particularily annoying when you’ve put off other plans and then they let you down.

We’re pretty sure with one of them it’s because he’s let his fitness slide. On the day of the ride every excuse in the book comes out. All it means is his fitness slides further behind.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Option 1 – Kill yourself
    Option 2 – Kill them
    Option 3 – [u]KILL EVERYBODY! [/i][/u]

leec247
    Free Member

im the least fit out of the 3 of us but i make up for it going down the hills!!!!
    plus its just good to get out somewhere different for a change

theprawn
    Free Member

it’s definitely that they just don’t like you then.

leec247
    Free Member

thanx!!!!!!

leec247
    Free Member

or they r jealous of my supieror riding skills

theprawn
    Free Member

that might be it, yes. HIGH 5!

taxi25
    Free Member

was thinking of cwmcarn really enjoyed it a few months ago and was looking forward to heading back there

Cwmcarn could be an option. It would be a combination natural/ trail centre ride, about 3-4hrs.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Taxi you could MTB over Castell Coch, Rydry, cow pat hill and into Cwmcarn, lap of Cwmcarn then back to Caerdydd!! That would be an epic showing leec some proper Welsh trails!!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

PS and on the way home stop at the Maenllwyd (not sure on spelling) pub and get some hot apple pie and custard to help those last few miles home …. Man I’m selling it! Wish I could come but I’ll be back to work by then. Enjoy whatever you do. JEALOUS

taxi25
    Free Member

Taxi you could MTB over Castell Coch, Rydry, cow pat hill and into Cwmcarn, lap of Cwmcarn then back to Caerdydd!! That would be an epic showing leec some proper Welsh trails!!!

Done that one. But I’m to much of a wimp to do it in winter 😯

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Let down mates!!!’ is closed to new replies.