Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Les Gets / Morzine. Who, What, Where, When?
  • lornepace
    Free Member

Hello people,
    A few of us are thinking of having a week in the Alps next year. Does anyone have any advice on where is best to stay, who to book with, what time of year to go and how much realistically it will cost?
    There’s plenty of stuff online to look at but I would like to know your experiences as none of us have gone before.
    Oh yeah, we probably will be hiring bikes over there too.

Cheers peeps

Lorne

MSP

Bike hire is expensive.

We rent an apartment in Morzine, its about 600 (euros) per week sleeps 6, but only 4 of us go, gives us all a bit extra space.

Morzine is better than les gets, for facilities, shops, bars and restaurants etc. Little to choose between them for access to trails and lifts, its only a few miles coast down the road from les gets to morzine.

pease
    Free Member

just come back from morzine.. we did the passport du soliel and it was brilliant. it was my second year there and both times now i stayed in the riders retreat!!

http://www.riders-retreat.co.uk/morzine/accommodation/the_aiglon.php

we took our own bike both times too. last year we drove and with three in a car it worked out about 180 each there and back. this year we flew and id say it was around 230 there and back with transfers, parking etc…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Les Gets / Morzine. Who, What, Where, When?’ is closed to new replies.