Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Les Gets Accommodation
  • udder
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good bike friendly hotel or B&B in Les Gets?

Were planning to go down there for a week in the middle of July – preferably from Friday 16th to Friday 23rd July. We can't do Saturday to Saturday because one of us has to be back on the Saturday for a stag do so we need something quite flexible.

Cheers,

IA

Most accommodation is chalets in the area, though there are hotels. Personally I think Morzine's a better place to stay, as you're lower down in the valley. You're a lot less dependant on lifts to get back at the end of the day.

mybike
    Free Member

http://www.leboomerang.com/

Watch out for the mankini on the bar ceiling 😉

udder
    Free Member

I've been trying to get hold of someone at Boomerang for ages but I've had no answer on the phone or email…. Anyone know if it's closed down as that's where we'd like to stay.

udder
    Free Member

@ IA,

Is there anywhere in Morzine you could recommend?

Also, which has the better nightlife? We went to La Molina in the Spanish Pyrenees last year. The riding was amazing but there was virtually no one around at night time.

IA

Both places are pretty dead at night (compared to ski season) though it's a couple years since I've been – there might be even more balding middle aged brit men, if that's your scene 😉

I've used these people:

Home

for 5 or so different years. Stayed in various of their chalets (and others they used to manage but now don't). All excellent, and great people to deal with. If I was going out there again, I'd be looking to book with them first.

geetee1972
    Free Member

They are still chalets, which I know you said you didn't want, but Rider's Retreat run a bunch of them in both Morzine and Les Gets and you can book in as one, two or more people if you are OK sharing with strangers. It works out pretty reasonable on that basis and the chalets are all of the highest standard with secure garages, tools and work stand, TV/DVD etc. The one I stayed in even had a sauna and hot tub. The other benefit is that you have other people to ride with and the chalets boys are also usually around to do unofficial guided riding.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

If you want a hotel you could try the "Belle Vue". It at the bottom of the red bubble car/devil cart. It has secure storage for your bikes and the owners are cool and the food is great. They generally don't book mtb's but if you don't go there with the attitude of getting really pissed and trashing the place you'll enjoy your stay. Access to all the major trails is easy and the lifts stay open a while longer in Les Gets

gator
    Free Member

Le Boomerang – is ace, relaxed with great staff and good food.

Amanda is difficult to get hold of 😉 and is rubbish at emailing

But when she gets her $hit together – it's worth it. 😀

I had to wait 3 weeks for lift pass prices !

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Hotel Alpage at the top end of Les Gets is pretty good. Big Secure Garage, outdoor pool, Sunny balconies. Staying in Les Gets doesn't limit riding time that much, easy to roll down the road for the first lifts over to Switzerland, and so long as you're back to the Pleny in Morzine before closing time, no problem..

tracknicko
    Free Member

in response to which has the best night life…

neither. you need to make your own fun out there mate! unless you love bars full of arrogant stinking men.

hainey
    Free Member

You can find some good nightlift if you know where to look!!

Found a good strip show the other year! 😯

tinsy
    Free Member

If you stay at the Boomerang, get a room at the back or take ear plugs, the road out front is noisy in the morning. But it is a pretty relaxed place to stay with everything you need for a biking hols.

tracknicko
    Free Member

think hainey merely improves my point. 50 overweight and 'extreme' sweaty mountainbikers oggling over one frumpy tart isnt my idea of an awesome night out.

hainey
    Free Member

think hainey merely improves my point. 50 overweight and 'extreme' sweaty mountainbikers oggling over one frumpy tart isnt my idea of an awesome night out

Quite the opposite to the norm described above actually. The bar we stumbled upon had 2 intoxicated old men asleep in the corner and 6 of us. That was it. Oh plus the 2 strippers! Keeping that one a secret though!

tracknicko
    Free Member

sounds a bit more like it. there used to be some AMAZING stuff down the valleys in the old days. think its all gone now 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Les Gets Accommodation’ is closed to new replies.