Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lenovo Yoga 900 anyone?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might be time for a new personal laptop and I have to say I like the idea of a convertible option. Would be used for photo organising, Garmin route planning, organising music and films, general interwebular stuff, so doesn’t need massive power, but does need USB ports. I use external hard drives for storage for most music and photos as well.

Anyone using one of the above? Or, anything similar/better/alternative?

TIA.

keefmac

i’ve been using a yoga700 for just over a year now. i7cpu, 8gb of ram, touchscreen. i’ve used it to run virtual machines and its great. its a light laptop but its a bit heavy to use as a tablet really, still works very well. just uninstall all the lenovo crap when you get one.

jam-bo

i’ve got an older yoga, its been great (apart from last week where it died completely until the bios battery and main battery had been unplugged for an hour).

rarely use it in tablet mode but as a light laptop barely bigger than an A4 pad its been one of the better laptops I’ve had. I had to turn off the orientation sensor for the tablet bits as working on boats confused it a bit…

righog
    Free Member

I bought my daughter one about a year ago. I thought ( and still think ) that a laptop and a tablet would have been a better option, however she has been very happy with it using it for a laptop for college stuff and a tablet for leisure type stuff, she likes having everything in one place.

It has “stopped” twice the first time we let the battery drain this took a couple of days, the second time I took the back off and disconnected the battery this re set it…It is a know problem with them…..they do not have a traditional easy to remove replace battery. Apart from this it has been very robust.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I bought a Lenovo ideapad (I think) slightly up from yoga (i think)

It runs as tablet and pc and is great for presenttions as you fold it into a V and have a simple tool for presenting a slide show

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lenovo Yoga 900 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.