Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lemmings. (suicidal pedestrian/bike interface content)
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Ran someone over on the bike today. They ran across the road without looking. Seemed to think it was my fault too. Apparently they didnt see me coming because I was going too fast.

My suggestion that if they didnt see me then they wouldnt know what speed I was going seemed lost on them.

I hate people that go about their day with their head up their arse.

rewski
    Free Member

I did the same a while back in Brixton, the guy stopped me dead, he looked winded, then patted me on the back as if to say fair cop mate you got me fair and square then just walked off, very odd. I’ve also had kids playing chicken with me, not fun.

kaesae
    Free Member

I just shout at anybody that even looks like a threat, as well as kicking, spitting, biting and using foul language. I was considering a water gun in a quick release shoulder holster, loaded with lemon juice, vodka and cayene pepper 😀 but it’s still in the development stages 💡

That said you do get the odd occasional moron, on a regular basis, just pretend their a set of stairs and go as far back into your attack possition as you can 😯 running over idiots can be dangerous 😀

Never forget the power of laughter.

and remember only to laugh at fools, when it’s safe too do so 😉

Ridefree!

Irish_AL
    Free Member

you bought that invisibility cloak of ebay didnt you 😯

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How does the law stand on this type of incident?

If your bike was damaged/you were injured how would you go about proving negligence on the part of the pedestrian considering that pedestrians have right of way?

Not trolling, just intrigued because i see this potentially happening everyday.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What makes you think that pedestrians have right of way on a road?

kaesae
    Free Member

Right of way ❓ try one way ticket to intensive care, with my foot print on their ass in bruising 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Awesome I’m going for that “STOP THE CAR I HAVE RIGHT OF WAY!” *squish*

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well (as i don’t drive) i’m told by MsD that peds have right of way….

Don’t ask me!

angryratio
    Free Member

i lost 40 quids worth of rim to a chav girl not looking a couple of years back.

then 10 for the build.
    bastards.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nah, they dont. We’re not allowed to deliberately run them over, but they’re not allowed to just wander onto the road without looking.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just looked it up – peds only have right of way at recognised pedestrian crossings.

So, if they step out without looking and cause damage/injury how would you prove it i wonder?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I once got the one of the ladies from the school walking patrol. you know ladies in high visibility jackets showing kid show to walk safely to school. She stepped into the road without looking to nip in front of some kids and i ran right into her did not even touch the brakes – it was through stationary traffic before I get my PP lecture. She proceeded to tell me why it was my fault despite the fact she was in the road still and so was and my bike. She even swore at me till another parent had a word with her and apologised to me…thinking of the children I let it go 8) ). Thankfully I was uninjured as she was sufficiently padded to make sure there was no damage to my wheel.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So, if they step out without looking and cause damage/injury how would you prove it i wonder?

Closeness to kerb and direction they crossed I assume if they come all the way from the far side and then you hit them probably your fault step out and you hit them their fault

nedrapier

I thought if you were turning off into a minor road, pedestrians crossing that road at the junction (following the pavement of the road you’re turning off) had right of way.

Oggles
    Free Member

I thought if you were turning off into a minor road, pedestrians crossing that road at the junction (following the pavement of the road you’re turning off) had right of way.

If the pedestrian has started crossing, ie already in the road, yes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if they are so close you cannot avoid them and they have stepped into the road it must be their fault…. unless you are speeding massively which seems unlikely in a 30 zone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lemmings. (suicidal pedestrian/bike interface content)’ is closed to new replies.