Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • LEL – London Edingburgh London
  • marvincooper

The LEL facebook group or the YACF forum (they have a dedicated LEL sub-forum under “Audax” will probably get you the answer. FWIW I was planning to stay in the Premier Inn at Waltham Abbey before the start, and have family pick me up at the finish.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Much as I like cycling, no cycling event is worth touching facebook!

Family pickup at the finish would indeed be a preferable option, but would involve convincing my dad a 9hr each way drive would a fun idea….

marvincooper

Hmmm, if leaving kit at the start is not possible, how about leaving in a locker at a local leisure centre, then go there after for a shower and pick up fresh kit?

Or cycle home ? 🙂

greentricky
    Free Member

Yeh the YACF lot will be able to confirm but I think there is a camp site near by that does a discount that a lot them use and you can leave your car there all week.

Think they are looking at about 150 places in each ballot for Friday from the last update I’ve seen

greentricky
    Free Member

Today’s the day, good luck on getting a place to all applying

warton
    Free Member

Its another enjoyable variant in cycling. The best value cake to entry fee I can think of.

love Audaxing. will always remember the Mosstrooper a few years ago (Morpeth, cumbria, scotland, Morpeth – 300k) pulled up to a checkpoint in the middle of Northumberland. guy in a landrover had the best selection of traybakes I have ever seen. the flapjack was the best flapjack I have ever eaten. 6 quid entry fee 🙂

greentricky
    Free Member

And the website crashes on 6!

greentricky
    Free Member

In!

TiRed

Had a place, the basket crashed. Thanks recaptur. Not sure I can be bothered for the next two rounds.

greentricky
    Free Member

They just commented on FB it sold out in two minutes and lots of disgruntled people who couldnt get on or had it crash in basket

fifeandy
    Free Member

Congrats @greentricky.
    I’ve more or less decided not to bother this time round and reconsider for 2021. I’d need to spend a chunk of cash on bike (either upgrading boardman cx or something new), and more importantly, spend a valuable weeks annual leave suffering, and not sure i’m mentally in the game for epic suffering this year.

greentricky
    Free Member

yeh I found the weeks leave bit the hardest to justify, not sure why they can’t run it over a weekend to shorten the amount of leave needed but am sure there is a good reason

johnnystorm

I’m in! Must have hit refresh a thousand times. It’ll have cost me a new laptop track pad! :mrgreen:

TiRed

No joy. Another in the basket but no checkout. This on a poor connection from a Welsh farmhouse. Why couldn’t they run a lottery instead, since payment is not required until the end of the month?

slowster
    Free Member

No joy. Another in the basket but no checkout. This on a poor connection from a Welsh farmhouse. Why couldn’t they run a lottery instead, since payment is not required until the end of the month?

I suspect the ‘first come first served’ arrangement was the simplest and least costly. AUK is a relatively small club with limited financial (and IT) resources, run by members who give up their free time to fulfil the various admin posts; similarly the event organisers and the volunteers who help them are doing it purely for the love of cycling. It is not a profit making business like the sportive companies.

I would suggest that you join AUK: existing members who belonged before March 2015 had guaranteed entry to this year’s LEL.

TiRed

And again… :-(. Enjoy the ride, those who got in. Can’t even get on the waiting list!

crazy-legs

That blog is a great read @ir_bandito!

I do agree with your last comment though about other people’s routes. I’m very happy to be inspired by other people’s routes but then I like to plan my own thing.

MoreCashThanDash

£19 membership has paid off for some then.

Volunteering at controls used to get you an entry for the next one – would be a great way to get a taste for it as well. Mechanics would especially be appreciated.

greentricky
    Free Member

Volunteering still gets you in for next time.the Facebook group is full of disgruntled people, its definitely tough that a lot of people have a ticket in the basket and it crashes on order and then refresh and sold out, massively flakey site.they just posted a screen shot of then getting a million hits in the last twenty four hours but think lots of that is people with multiple tabs and devices smashing refresh

MoreCashThanDash

Just made the mistake of watching the promo video on the road.cc site, and strangely thought “I wonder if…..”

100k audax already booked for next month, loads of time to build up for 2021! 😀

greentricky
    Free Member

Any one got around to picking their start times yet? I am thinking afternoon start time but not given it much thought, think its open until the end of March to pick

greentricky
    Free Member

Everyone get thier preferred start time? I’m a 1230 start

kcal

my GP and his pal are in for it I think..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That blog is a great read @ir_bandito!

Thanks 🙂

Good luck if you’re doing it…

greentricky
    Free Member

Anyone know how any forumites are getting on?

Sven

A friend of mine (occasional forum dweller) started 12:45 on Sunday and should be in Lockerbie tonight (on the way North, not South yet!) to have some sleep.

MoreCashThanDash

Some great photos on the Audax facebook page from some of the controls.

rockchic
    Free Member

Just passed some of them on the way into Barnard Castle this afternoon.Guy I spoke to said he was on his way to Moffat.Must easily be 10 o’clockish before he gets there.Quite a lot did have pretty grim looks on their faces !

simondbarnes

Anyone know how any forumites are getting on?

Does numplumz still post on here? He instagrammed from halfway about an hour ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘LEL – London Edingburgh London’ is closed to new replies.