Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LEJOG logistics to get to start and Finish
  • Scarcat67
    Free Member

Anyone on here done LEJOG…I need to arrange the best/smartest way to get 4 bikes(road) down to the start of LEJOG and back from John O Groats….we are based in macclesfield. The train seems to be a pain to do, what have people on here done in the past ?

I was thinking of one way van hire or a courier for a bike whilst we drive down in a hire car ??

Or is there a member of the singletrack community who has a vehicle that is capable of taking 4 people and their bikes to the start who is out of work currently ? They would be recompensed for their time and efforts….

robinbetts
    Free Member

When I did it a few years ago, we took the train from midlands down to penzants and train back from wick. Was pretty easy and has the advantage of being able to sleep. Don't do what we did though, and forget to book bike places on the return journey! Ended up having to pack up the bikes with cardboard from the local supermarket and leave them at the post office. Returned home carried out front wheels!

fasthaggis

I got the train down to Penzance then family met me at the finish (did it on my own).
    I would go for the train from Wick option as robin suggests (or bribe family to drive a van up ).

sockpuppet

bear in mind that the train from thurso to inverness only has space for two bikes per journey. yes, two, on each of the two daily services. wick is the same.

4 bikes a day!

you absolutely *have* to book the spaces

grim168
    Free Member

We hired a van one way from preston to penzance. Can't remember price but is was quite reasonable. We booked very early though. Think it was europecar. Brother picked us up from jog but don't think he'd do the same for you 🙂

Graham.

cbike
    Free Member

Kyle at Highland Bicycle transfers does runs to JOG/anywhere you like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘LEJOG logistics to get to start and Finish’ is closed to new replies.