Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Leith Hill
  • Amos
    Free Member

Heading down to my brothers today in Jacobs Well so thought it a good oppotunity to try Leith hill. Searching Google its suggested parking near the Plough Inn in Coldharbour, is this a good starting point? Baring in mind I'm useless at navigating is there a full proof way of finding some of the better trails easily any guidance apprciated!

The only other issue is I'll be riding my new 6inch travel bike, reading some of the threads on here I assume I'm going to get a few raised eye brows 😳

aP
    Free Member

I think you'll be underbiked.

mikey74
    Free Member

The only other issue is I'll be riding my new 6inch travel bike, reading some of the threads on here I assume I'm going to get a few raised eye brows

Ignore what those idiots say, you'll find plenty to make use of that bike on. I regularly ride my 6-inch trail bike round there.

You can park by that pub. The best bet is to ride up the fire-road opposite and continue climbing until you get to the tower on the top. There will be plenty of other riders there to point you in the right direction.

Amos
    Free Member

Thanks mikey that's a great help, the sarcasm was to be expected tbh, made me chuckle at least

spacemonkey

suggested parking near the Plough Inn in Coldharbour,

I wouldn't advise parking there, especially on a Sunday morning/afternoon, because there are only a few spaces available and really they should be for the pub-goers. Best to head 2 miles west or so to Starvael CP > unload > head over the "footbridge' at the back of the CP and explore the trails beyond.

proflexforever
    Free Member

ive been up there a few times…some cool stuff….have a go at "deliverance" its only 30mtres long….but its pretty gnarly especialilly if you jump into it..
    "summer lighting" is also good..its short and sweet but can bee run over and over..check out youtube there are some vids on there…
    "yoghurt pots,barry knows best are some other bits to look out for….good luck 🙂

Amos
    Free Member

Space monkey i'm buggered if I can find starvaell Carpark on google maps?

aP
    Free Member

Or park at Leith Hill car park and go up.

vinnyeh

There's a small carpark on the west side of Leith Hill Rd near the road's highpoint, with a track up to the tower across the road. There's also a carpark on Abinger Rd leading to Coldharbour( turnoff to Abinger Rd is a few hundred yards south of the previous mentioned carpark, that has a nice steepish cheeky climb to the top.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

summer lightening is near coldharbour but i would start in a car park further west. personally i prefer holmbury hill. it's easier to navigate and that is where yoghurt pots and barry knows best are. I usually park in the car park just to the south of peaslake and do pitch and holmbury. i find these more suited for cycling however there are still good spots on leith.

rootes1

or ride out from Jacobs Well and make a day of it? out through Guildford town centre and out onto the downs from top of Pewley Hill road

loddrik
    Free Member

Don't forget you'll need full body armour and the latest bling bike which hasn't so much as a scratch on.

vinnyeh

Don't forget you'll need full body armour and the latest bling bike which hasn't so much as a scratch on.

Are you getting Leith Hill confused with Llandegla?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

He gets angry at other riders when he's cruising on something probably made of titanium.

Amos
    Free Member

Bling unscratched bike check!
    Body armour fail

Thanks for all your help people, parked in starvaell car park found plenty to ride got very lost but enjoyed it all the same!

BlastDeluxe
    Free Member

Can some one please send me a map of the trails "Summer Lightning"
    Many thanks in advance.
    Blast

lock
    Free Member

what day u wanna ride

Feast
    Free Member

Ask for directions to Barry Knoes Best for any other riders you may see. It's a cracking little trail.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Park at Coldharbour by the pub. Take the road opposite the pub after a couple of hundred yards it becomes a bridleway follow it and keep (but do not turn)left shortly you will see a signpost for Summer Lightning on your left.

When you get to the very end of SL turn left again and follow the steep hill down to the T junction (all bridleway) turn left, ride that up to the tower and then have a chat with whoever about where next. I suggest heading down the hill too the farm and then down the mother into Holmbury etc. Leith, Holmbury, Pitch is a nice few hours ride. Go to Nirvana Cycles in Westcott and get a map.

Feast
    Free Member

Parking by the pub is frowned upon.

There are plenty of free car parks around that area.

joolsburger
    Free Member

We always park by the phone box there and never had an issue I thought that was a public car park?

Feast
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I think it's the pub car park.

I've only heard of issues indirectly, i haven't personally experienced them. I can see why people would want to park there though, good access to a lot of the trails.

jhw
    Free Member

park in the proper car park and ride across the hill for 5 minutes you lazy b*ggers

BlastDeluxe
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up on the trails around leith hill guys 🙂
    looking forward to hitting the area this weekend!!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Me neither…

BlastDeluxe
    Free Member

LEITH HILL –
    O’ my days!!!! what a great days single track mayhem!!!
    amazing views, superb fast ‘n’ furious down hill fun ….and crashes, leg hammering uphill climbs…cant wait to do it again.
    out to the lads who came out!(Chris,Lunty,Simmy)
    well worth the trip from essex!!

catfood
    Free Member

Just got backfrom there myself, usually ride down the week, cant believe how many bikes were out today.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Leith Hill’ is closed to new replies.