Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Leisure Lakes mail order – any other problems?
  • el_creedo
    Free Member

I ordered some rims last week from Leisure Lakes, website didn't say they were out of stock – and delivery times and prices were good, so having never used them before decided to try them.
    7 days and a failed promise later – still no rims!
    Turns out they had no stock, so had to order them in – which, to be fair, they told me not long after my order went through.

I normally use my LBS exclusively, but they couldn't get what i needed, so have had to stray into this unknown territory!

I've been polite up until now and even said last week that if they couldn't get them to me for today at the latest – I'd save them the bother just get them from Stif (more expensive but defo in stock).
    Have i just been unlucky or should I take this as a warning not to bother with them any more?

thefallguy
    Free Member

I have ordered a few things from them over the last 12 months with no problems

simplesi
    Free Member

You've just reminded me to contact them again.

Ordered a tuggnut which hasn't arrived and mailed there helpdesk last week and haven't heard a thing from them.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I ordered straitline pedals which were advertised as in stock and on offer. However they had to be ordered in from the supplier.After 7 days I cancelled the order and got them the next day from CRC at the regular price.
    The customer service was very good and they cancelled the order no problem. It's just irritating that they like so many others advertise stock they don't actually have.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes, JE James and many others are principly high street shops who do a bit of mail order on the side which is why they stuggle to match the service offered by Chain Reaction and Wiggle. They are simply not set up in the same way.

Guybrush
    Free Member

Unfortunately for me, LL is my LBS. I went in to enquire about 2.5K of bike, and they told me go home and to look it up on the internet.

Fair enough, I went home and looked at the Jungle/Santa Cruz site, and decided a Superlight was a bit much money for components I didn't really want. So I went back in to ask about ST4s, and they said Orange had run out, but I could ring them MYSELF and find out if any bike shops had returned any unsold one's to the factory.

Seriously, I wanted to spend 2.5K! So I though eff em – and I rang up my old LBS back oop north, 220 miles away. They were in a different league in term of helpfulness, so I spent my 2.5K there.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest. Hopefully someone who matters at LL in 'nam will read this and give their staff a kick up the ass.

el_creedo
    Free Member

Well – I got a call about the rims, apparently they've been built up onto some pro2's by accident for someone else who'd ordered a very |"similar looking" rim!
    So, then I went back to Stif, who have now sold out of the ones I want, so I am stuck waiting for the wheelbuider to unlace MY rims and send them my way. Oh yeah – no offer of a discount for the rims being effectively second hand now either!
    If they'd just been up front on the website all of this could have been avoided and my bike would be back up and running by now!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Ordered a few things in sale last year, got most of them wrong, but sorted it out quickly.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh yeah – no offer of a discount for the rims being effectively second hand now either!

Personally i would refuse them a and just wait for stock to come in elsewhere or buy something else.

el_creedo
    Free Member

Jamie – I'm thinking about it! only problem is I'm swapping rims only, so need the same ERD as my current rims, and it appears that there's only a few options available to me.
    I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt – but if there's even a tiny mark on them when they arrive – push for a discount or just send them back.
    Shame I don't have a couple of hundred extra quid or I'd have just got them to do me a deal on the fully built wheels!

grumm
    Free Member

Don't have good experiences of LL. I was interested in the Pitch but they basically told me it was crap and that I should buy an Orange 5, despite explaining I didn't want to spend too much over the grand cyclescheme limit.

Also, when I asked for some tubes for bigger tyres they explained in a slightly patronising way that there was either normal inner tubes or downhill tubes, and that non-downhill tubes for bigger tyres don't exist. 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Leisure Lakes mail order – any other problems?’ is closed to new replies.