Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Leigh Woods Skills Section Bristol – Nooo!
  • Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    DSC00174 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

I have been eyeing up the final drop to flat on the skills section and they have done this to it. Grrr. A real shame as it was the only real challenge.

I assume it has caused too many accidents already?

clubber
    Free Member

The one that’s not officially open or finished yet? 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Keep off the unfinished trails.

Leku
    Free Member

“I was just out walking the dog, officer.”

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

have you seen the switchbacks at the end? looking forward to trying them.

markwalker
    Free Member

kingtut dont be a queen lol!

singlecrack
    Free Member

When are these trails officially open ????

TooTall
    Free Member

kingtut dont be a queen lol!

Say what? Riding unfinished trails is just being a selfish chimp.

KonaTC

KINGTUT – Member

Keep off the unfinished trails.

Not sure if you have been to Leigh Woods recently but rearranging these words may be helpful

Stable has horse door bolted closing after the

The new trails are one of Bristols worst keep secrets and are unfortunetly being riden before they are ready 🙁

Leku
    Free Member

Moral aspect aside does anyone know why this drop was reworked?

timmys

Isn’t the most likely situation that it’s just been ‘finished’ now with a landing slope and you were riding it in an unfinished state?

nickegg
    Free Member

What was it like before? Still looks like a drop to me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Stable has horse door bolted closing after the

I am aware that a lot of selfish individuals have been riding the unfinished trails, I am gagging to ride them but I have the patience that seems to be lacking in some, we have been asked by the builders not to ride them for a bloody good reason, a reason that is pretty obvious, unless your name is Mark Walker of course.

clubber
    Free Member

The trail in the op’s pic and all the skills sections are much newer than the ‘main’ trail and as you can see by the loose gravelly surface, not bedded in yet. That’s why it’s worse to be riding them than the main trail…

markwalker
    Free Member

kingtut i wouldnt ride a unfinish trail i just thought it was funny. we need some to smile at these dreary days.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“The new trails are one of Bristols worst keep secrets and are unfortunetly being riden before they are ready”

To be fair, the main blue loop looks very well bedded and blended in, much better than AC when it was opened. The design is quite flowy with very little braking needed. I rode 2 laps last weekend along with hoards of families and groups of Mamils.

The skills add-ons look obviously gravelly and not ready, and they are taped off.

wordnumb
    Free Member

How do you mean moral aspect?

The drop was built to spec. It didn’t pass inspection. It got made safer. Such is life.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Leigh Woods Skills Section Bristol – Nooo!’ is closed to new replies.