Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Leicester City or Spurs?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Spurs can’t afford to slip up at all, Leicester should get there but it will be close. Their (usually superb and overlooked) defence looked tired against West Ham. Losing Vardy is a big blow but they have other strikers and an amazing team ethic.

As well as the fairy tale ending if Leicester win, Ranieri deserves it just for having the balls to stand there in several post match interviews this season and NOT blame the referee for a poor decision. For creating a – hopefully – title winning team that is so much greater than the sum of it’s parts, without spending stupidly, for taking the rough with the smooth with humility and a slightly mischievous sense of humour, he should be Coach of the Year at SPOTY. By a country mile.

(Says the Ipswich fan resigned to yet another season of just missing out on the playoffs. Living in Derby)

slimjim78
    Free Member

Leicester deserve the title and I hope they do win it. IMO Spurs won’t win all their remaining games and either will Leicester

If Spurs end up with more points than LC, their winning streak will have been incredible and they would be deserving winners of the title.
    You say you’re a Spurs fan?!

scandal42
    Free Member

Im starting to get nervous but I think we’ll have the bollocks to hang on (Leicester)

Ulloa to step up and bring that trophy home..

Stamford Bridge are you listening
    Will you keep the trophy glistening
    Because were coming in May
    To take it away
    Shitting on the Chelski on the waaaaaaaaaay

mikey3
    Free Member

Spurs fans wanting Leicester to win it?? ,with fans like that I,m sure spurs will tell you not to bother.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Leicester!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Is it wrong to take deep joy at the prospect of scores of bookies fraught with fear of losing millions with Leicester winning?
    A hateful industry having the tables turned for once.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Is it wrong to take deep joy at the prospect of scores of bookies fraught with fear of losing millions with Leicester winning?

Im sure the few hundred thousand they have to pay out on Leicester winning will be offset by the millions they’ve taken from punters betting on Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd winning this years title.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Im sure the few hundred thousand they have to pay out on Leicester winning will be offset by the millions they’ve taken from punters betting on Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd winning this years title.

If Leicester win, the combined payout of the big 5 bookies will be just over ten million quid.

gobuchul
    Free Member

You don’t get how that industry works do you?
    It’s a bookie’s wet dream!

alanl
    Free Member

The only time bookies lose is when they have badly calculated the odds for the bet.
    On-course horse racing bookies generally come out on top whoever wins, apart from when the favourite wins, and very few people have betted on the other horses.
    That’s why you get the 100-1 chance running quite regularly, they are trying to tempt people to bet on the longshot, as there is a lot of money going on the short priced runners, so thye want some money to offset it if the shorter price one wins.
    I’d say football odds are far more sophisticated nowadys, as the bookies know at their head offcie immediately if someone has put £10 on Leicester etc. They will then quickly lower the odds on Leicester, as well as raising the pirce of Arsenal etc, to make sure they will not lose out whoever wins.

I’d go as far as to say the bookies will make more money this year if Leicester win, due to the sheer number of £10 bets on Man C, Man U, Arsenal etc to win the league.
    It is in their interest to promote the amount that a few people will win if Leicester win, but if say, Man City had won, they wouldnt be promoting the 20000 people who have bet £5 on them winning – the amount they pay-out will be roughly similar, but spread over more people, and the bookies will still be making money.

jimmy

Anyone think Leicester celebrations might be premature? ManU, Everton and Chelsea to play – none a foregone conclusion. Lose 1, draw 2 and Spurs can have it. Hope not but they still have work to do.

scandal42
    Free Member

What celebrations?

badnewz
    Free Member

@Jimmy, if Leicester don’t win the title this weekend, then the Leicester vs Chelsea game is only going one way given the hatred between Chelsea and Spurs.
    Tottenham had a chance but they made a mistake with trying to win the Europa Cup (they should have sabotaged it all before the Dortmant game, against fiorentina if not earlier would have helped).
    Poch’s only mistake. He is now talking about PSG and as a Spurs fan this sounds all too familiar – another 5 years of “rebuilding” ahead of us!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What celebrations?

Something about Jamie Vardy having a party.

Guests are advised to bring suitable refreshments.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well Lawro
    Lawro’s Premier League predictions v comedian Nathan Caton – http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36159402
    Is saying it’s going to 2 draws, I’d probably go along with that. Spurs to try but not get anywhere with Chelsea

ads678

A win for Leicester on Sunday would be great, but we only have to get the same points as spurs to win the league, whether that be 3, 1 or 0!

Come on Chelsea!!

alanl
    Free Member

Err, no, ads, Leicester have a worse goal difference so need one point more than Tottenham.,

ross980
    Free Member

Err, no, ads, Leicester have a worse goal difference so need one point more than Tottenham.

No, I think he means the same points from the next game as Spurs. 7 points in it, 3 games left.

shadowrider
    Free Member

I don’t really care who wins the league, the shit have already been relegated.

alanl
    Free Member

Oh, Ok, didnt realise that.
    Alan.

ads678

Yeah sorry, I meant same points from this weekend’s games. Then we’d be 7 clear still with only 6 available.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Spurs even though an LFC fan I just like them better than Leicester. The devil in me also thinks it would be funny if considering all the promise Arsenal have shown over the years that Spurs go and win it

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Not sure what leicester will do, but Chelsea will do spurs on Monday and i will be all over.

jamj1974

Old man was a spurs fan so I followed them for a long time. Still like them to do well.
    However, on this occasion I would like Leicester to do it. Hard effort and a team playing as a team not a collection of individuals… That’s worth seeing them win out IMHO.

badnewz
    Free Member

Very interesting article on Raneiri on the telegraph website. He is a highly skilled manager, and no doubt much of the credit is down to him.
    Leicester aren’t just going to win the League, they are going to win it with at least 5 points over the 2nd placed side IMO.
    Funny how we all thought they were relegation candidates at the start of the season.
    The biggest sporting upset of my life so far.

imnotverygood

As a Chelsea supporter I can’t see Leicester not winning it. If they go to Stamford Bridge on the last day needing to win you can pretty much guarantee they will have 40,000 people cheering them on. Given the affection Chelsea fans retain for Claudio and the fact that it would be Spurs winning the title otherwise, that will surely equal 3 points for Leicester.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

are people still asking this? its over

granny_ring

Leicester hopefully as an Arsenal fan 🙂 Have to say Spurs are playing great football though and if they somehow pull it out of the bag then fair enough.
    Just so pissed off with us, it ‘should’ have been this year with Chelsea and United being off song and City being inconsistent it was the year to step up to the plate.
    If United pip us to 4th, then it’s time to change the manager.

badnewz
    Free Member

@granny_ring, in a way you at least have the consolation of knocking Spurs off the top of the table. They were top for 14 mins after Kane put them in front in the N London derby, if Arsenal hadn’t equalised, I think Tottenham would have stayed top for the rest of the season.
    We have a word at Tottenham, “Spursy”, which describes how I feel about losing winning positions against Arsenal and now West Brom.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Why do Arsenal fans want to change their manager? Who do they want as manager and what makes them think that a new manager is going to be significantly more successful than Wenger?

You’re near the top of the league every year, you’re in Europe every year and you’ve won trophies recently. Any other club would see that as successful – why don’t Arsenal?

Caher

My feeling is Leicester will just get over the line but spurs will win next season.

imnotverygood

Must admit. I do think they will struggle to avoid relegation next season…
    Dunno what will happen to Leicester 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

My feeling is Leicester will just get over the line but spurs will win next season

As a Spurs fan I’d like to think thats possible for 2016/17 but whilst the team will mature nicely I can’t see Man City, Man U and especially Chelsea being as far off the pace.

Good luck to Leicester tomorrow

scandal42
    Free Member

Listening to some Andrea Bocelli, Ranieri must be so nervous, he will never show it.

Come on you blue boys!! 😥

Ti Amo

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Leicester City or Spurs?’ is closed to new replies.