Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Leicester
  • jekkyl

In the news tonight: mobs of moist ugly men from Leicester jump about in pubs.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Really happy for Leicester City

toppers3933
    Free Member

And well deserved it is too.

dantsw13

Bad time for Spurs to burn a 2 goal lead!

Drac

5,000:1 there might be some happy gamblers too, not sure if they’re moist or ugly though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    In the news tonight: mobs of moist ugly men from Leicester jump about in pubs.

I bet you’re a real looker, too.

Judgmental asshat.

rascal
    Free Member

I think there’ll be some absentees tomorrow morning!
    Well done Leicester from a Swansea Jack.

jekkyl

The fans are so typically British, great scenes on Sky TV news just, well funny. Good stuff Leicester.

Mackem

No idea how they did that, dull route one football, never saw them dominate a game but somehow always win.

chambord
    Free Member

^^ Haha good one.

Well done to Mark Selby as well.

Coyote
    Free Member

Prepare the Internet for hyperbolic meltdown!!!

Well done Leicester. No mean achievement. Really pleased for Mr. Ranieri.

nickjb
    Free Member

No idea how they did that, dull route one football, never saw them dominate a game but somehow always win.

Huh? Maybe no idea because you were watching different games. Lots of lovely passing football with a every player intent on the team, rather than themselves, scoring

scaredypants

Meh – very solid defence and 2 or 3 really good players able to do their stuff very quickly and efficiently

Direct isn’t always bad and so refreshing in comparison to some of the other turgid bollocks that’s been trotted out this year

I really hope spurs win it next year though; they’ve been brilliant

geoffj

Well done to the tinker man.
    Must be due an OBE or something (yes I know technically he can’t be)

ctk
    Free Member

Love Leicester’s style of play.

This is the greatest & most unexpected achievement in (UK) sport that I can think of.

binners

Why do people criticise them for playing ‘direct’ football? Have you watched United this season? Or arsenal? The endless sideways passing and trying to walk it in

Anyway… Jamie Vardy is indeed having a party! Good luck to ’em!

This is rubbish, obviously….

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuEe7YpF2lg[/video]

Dull, dull, dull!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Awesome. The greatest sporting achievement in my lifetime.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mackem – Member

ctk
    Free Member

That goal deserves that commentary 😀

eddie11
    Free Member

i think its equal to wiggo winning the tour

Mackem

It’s more like me winning the tour.

Caher

Nice to see Leicester win – few of the other big leagues in Europe would have a “minnow” win thier top league.

tpbiker
    Free Member

wiggo was the tour favourite….

It’s more like me winning the tour.

^ so this

As a Spurs fan I have mixed feelings…great achievement but would have loved it to be us.

that said, at least its not the usual culprits buying their way to the title.

funkrodent

Well, well, well. That’s set the cat amongst the pigeons. Fair play to them ,played some scintillating football in the first half of the season and then developed the very good habit of winning games 1-0 in the second. Ranieri has been a masterclass in not doing a Keegan and as well as Vardy they’ve dug out world class players like Mahrez and Kante. They’ve been lucky with injuries for sure, but every player seems to have bought into the ethos and when they have lost players the changes have been seamless. I suspect they may have a difficult second season, but who cares, they’ve been inspired and will inspire many going forward. It’ll be a hell of a party in Leicester tonight!

peteimpreza

“Judgmental asshat.”

That’s a bit rich coming from you.

pondo

Brilliant, well happy for the Leicester.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Brilliant for many reasons – not least that the objective of the game is to score more goals that the oppo not pass the ball more!

V few teams can play tick tack or whatever it’s called but too many try…..

Well done Leicester.

Just got in an watching MOTD – feisty match at Stamford Bridge

SaxonRider

Next year… Newcastle! 😛

Mackem

Gonna be difficult from the Championship

mrsfry
    Free Member

Finally Walkers will have a reason to put something besides air in their crisp packets

edward2000
    Free Member

Here’s one example [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvmPepDCjqY[/video]

Ignorant t***

MoreCashThanDash

Great news for Leicester and Ranieri. Played as a solid team all season, great to watch. And they screwed over the Big Four.

Still not asked my Spurs supporting brother in law how they threw away that 2 goal lead.

Wondering whether it is even worth trying to contact our Leicester office this morning. Car radio picked up a couple of BBC Radio Leicester traffic reports and they seemed less on the ball than most mornings.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Clueless.

badnewz
    Free Member

Biggest sporting upset of all time.
    Well done Leicester, especially Claudio Ranieri, who has mastered a way of playing which is difficult to counteract.
    This was Spurs’ best opportunity to win the League, and I think next season will be a lot more competitive, so I don’t think they will have a shot at it again. Tottenham have thrown too many leads away, vs Arsenal, West Brom, and now Chelsea, it is hauntingly familiar as a long suffering fan.
    But well done Leicester.

Klunk
    Free Member

Mahrez is very Zolaesque!

binners

Just got in an watching MOTD – feisty match at Stamford Bridge

Thats understating things a tad Hurty. Spurs lost the script completely. God only knows how they kept all their players on the pitch. I reckon there were three absolutely nailed on straight red cards that were waved away. A few spurs players will definitely not be playing again this season once the FA has had a look at some of the ‘challenges’ going in last night.

Still… it made for a bloody brilliant game! 😀

RoterStern
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if Leicester can keep hold of Mahrez next season when those big cheque books start opening.

theotherjonv

“Daddy, Daddy! How come Leicester City won the premiership?”

“Well – it all started when Nigel Pearson’s son racially abused a Thai Prostitute during an orgy……”

Get that into the Hollywood version!

binners

He’d be daft to leave. The TV money is more evenly spread now, so the smaller clubs can pay decent wages, if not the big club megabucks. He’s in a team that is built around him and the way he plays. And he’ll be playing in the Champions League next season. He won’t get that at either Chelsea or United.

martinhutch

Leicester have managed to generate the kind of team spirit you don’t often get among the galacticos at bigger clubs. I’m sure Mahrez would be a happier player staying put, but I guess if he’s always dreamed of playing for one of Europe’s massive clubs, then he’ll be tempted.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Leicester’ is closed to new replies.