Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lefty stems
  • rmgvtec
    Free Member

Im currently riding a Cannondale beast of the east 1 with the lefty 2.0 fork and find it superb other than getting lower back ache occasionally when riding. Im on the lower end of the sizing recommendations so think a slightly shorter stem would help, only problem is I can’t find them available anywhere.

Anyone got any other recommendations of what else I can try or where I can get a stem from?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

wanted ad

I might have one in a box in the garage, others may have as well

rmgvtec
    Free Member

Not a wanted ad as im not against buying new. Also hoping for a bit of advice on bike setup as relative to most people on here im still very much a newbie

jonnyrockymountain

What is your current stem?

z1ppy

you not being accused of placing a wanted ad, it suggested you put up a wanted ad, as lefty stems especially short ones were like rocking horse poop. Though, this was last time I looked (a while back), so it maybe with the current crop of new lefty’s you maybe able to source one easier.

Qwerty cycles
    Dr. Cannondale

what are you looking for advice on, to do with your bikes setup?

ratherbeintobago

There used to be an issue with how short a stem you could use, bars would interfere with the fork top cap. What length have you got?

jonnyrockymountain

I currently have an 80mm one and thinking of going to a 90mm one so potentially the 80mm one for sale, if any good drop me mail

iffoverload
    Free Member

*hijack alert*

I am not 100% but I think the in the last few years the lefty steerer will accept a standard 1.5″ stem?

…BTW I am looking for an 1.56″ or 1 9/16″ or whaterver the standard was on the older stuff stem, so if anybody does have one that needs a new home… 🙂

otsdr
    Free Member

Not even 1.5”, the stem listed for the BoE is:

Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8″, 31.8, 5 deg.

Should be easy enough to differentiate from an OPI stem, which doesn’t have neither the tensioner bolt/cap at the top, nor the pinch bolts…

l.e. Poops, that’s BoE 2, the BoE 1 has a 1.5” stem:

Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 1.5″, 31.8, 5 deg.

rmgvtec
    Free Member

Current stem I believe is a 70mm and there looks to be plenty of clearance between the bars and top of the fork. I cant seem to find any official data telling me the stem length, just the info above, thanks otsdr

jonnyrockymountain

I have a 1.56″ 80mm long with 20 deg + or – vgc as only a month old £25posted if any good to anyone, drop me a mail

widge34
    Free Member

Just replaced my stem on my Beast of the East one. Bought a Thomson elite x4 1.5″. Had to buy a 10 mm spacer as stack height of Thomson stem was 41mm. Went for 45mm length stem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lefty stems’ is closed to new replies.