Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lefty rebuild – anyone done this?
  • svensvenson

Has anyone done this? I’ve taken headshoxs apart before and now my 2009 pbr lefty max feels like it could use some TLC. I haven’t managed to find anything useful on the net, beyond the normal reset the bearings (easy), so here I am, humbling requesting your help… or at least not too many snide comments?

lovewookie

depends on what you mean about taking them apart? if it’s a cartridge service then it’s relatively straight forward providing you have the correct castle tools.

Rebuilding the bearings is a bit more involved, generally I’ve sent mine away to be sorted. Tony at Thumbrint tuning or TFTunedshox is a good bet.

lovewookie
    thetallman
    Free Member

Not the place you might expect to find it, but this is a good step-by-step guide.

Lefty service and rebuild

lovewookie

I’ve actually got a lefty castle tool sat in my tool box I think. You can borrow it if you like, providing you pay postage.

svensvenson

thanks guys, some good stuff there. and thanks for the offer of the tool lovewookie, I think I can rustle one up here… for my sins(?) I actually live in france and “la poste” is on strike as often as it’s working, so posting things can be a bit iffy…

lovewookie

no problems.

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lefty rebuild – anyone done this?’ is closed to new replies.