Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lefty max rotor size
  • ratherbeintobago

Does anyone know what the maximum rotor size for a Lefty Speed DLR is? Can’t find the information on the Cannondale website, and am considering going up to a 185. Will I die?

Ta,

Andy

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

185 will be fine. I run a 183 on my Lefty Max.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

can you run a 203mm?

need stopping power on my 29er conversion

any links to cannondale pdf’s?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ask on the cannondale mtbr.com forum. Am sure you will get an answer in no time.

z1ppy

I’m pretty sure I’ve run a 203 on a lefty max without dying (s’been a while but the disc should still be on the wheel if you want me to check), if that helps any?? No idea about official recommendations though

z1ppy

ChunkyMTB – Member
    Ask on the cannondale mtbr.com forum. Am sure you will get an answer in no time.

Do you use the MTBR forums much Chunky? Lots of knowledge yes, but bloody slow replies. I can check 3 fourms on there once a week ,and still not miss anything.

spw3

I ran 180 without issue.

z1ppy

Lots of manuals to inspect via these links:

and here http://www.eighty-aid.com/index.php?id=7&L=1

HTH

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Zippy, depends which forum really. Turner for instance is really busy with 100’s of people viewing. But something like Cannondale will be a lot quieter – even so there should be some C’dale geek on there to answer quickly enough.

alaric

One thing to check is that the rotor still clears the boot at full compression – I had to replace the boot on my lefty as the old one had cracked, and the new one was a different shape at the bottom.

On the workstand everything looked fine, but I kept getting grease on my rotors when riding – I realised that under compression the boot touched the hot rotor and got cut, eventually leaking lube onto the rotor!

pedalhead
    Free Member

203mm on my Lefty Carbon Ultra (converted to 29er), no problems. Pretty sure the blurb said it was fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lefty max rotor size’ is closed to new replies.