Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lefty Hub Bolt Question
  • DanW
    Free Member

My Lefty Questions continue, sorry!

Just received my new wheel built on to the Si Lefty hub (very nice at 560g) and what I have is the wheel/ hub and the self extracting bolt assembly (QC117 I think).

Still waiting on the Lefty to arrive but questions for now…

– Should I also have a seal? There seems to be a flat seal in pictures of Lefty hubs for sale but I don’t seem to have this. Presumably this fits on the NDS? From what I can see I am missing the seal QC118…
    – How do you fit the self extracting bolt? I am guessing thread the larger cap in to the hub with the bolt attached underneath- but does the outer cap need to particularly tight? I am guessing it just needs to be in firmly enough to provide some resistance against the bolt when removing the wheel but not especially torqued up and it is the bolt itself that holds the wheel on. Does this sound right?

Many thanks in advance!

DanW

peteimpreza
    DanW
    Free Member

Thanks, thought so. I’ll have to contact the shop I bought the wheel from and see if they have the seal lying around.

Have I got the self extracting bolt installation right too? Cap needs to be in but exact torque doesn’t matter too much?

peteimpreza

Well i always torque my two to the correct settings but you are otherwise correct.

DanW
    Free Member

The bolt is 15Nm, but there isn’t a torque requirement listed for the cap….? Is it just a case of tighten the cap inside the hub shell “pretty firmly”?

peteimpreza

Will check later, its a while since I put one in a hub.

Sandwich

Double check on the seal being present. I thought mine was missing but they are an odd colour and my old eyes couldn’t work out it was in situ. When I popped the bearings out it was there. The bolt cap is reverse threaded so lefty-tighty and has a pound inch setting, how you set this with a pin spanner escapes me though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lefty Hub Bolt Question’ is closed to new replies.