Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leeds/Bradford/W.Yorks ish – Anyone have an SDS with chisel hammer action?
  • bearnecessities

..that I could borrow?

Bit cheeky, but will make my life a lot easier this weekend and although an excuse for a new toy is clear, can’t really afford the luxury right now!

Need the chisel action for tracing out some new sockets primerally, but would also make the immense amount of plaster removal to be done, a lot easier.

I have access to chisel bits & happy to leave deposit etc.

Thanks.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I had to drill a hole or two in an engineering brick the other day. I was just about to ask you if you had one. In the end, I just held the drill bit and tapped the back with a hammer. Took about 20 minutes, but was betterer than melting drillbits with no hammer action.

So, no, I don’t have one. Buuuutttt just for you:

bearnecessities

Thanks Sam 🙂

One last begging-bump for evening folk…

crankboy
    Free Member

Not got an SDS but got a hammer drill a lump hammer and chisel if you want.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve got a Dewalt 2kg one you could borrow but won’t be back in Leeds till after the weekend I’m afraid.

bearnecessities

Thanks Crankboy, most kind. If all else fails it’ll be the option you’ve mentioned, which I’d rather avoid, but I do have the required tools if it comes to that.

Neal, that sounds great thanks if it’s SDS chisel? – I can hold fire until after the weekend; it’s not like I’m keen to turn the house into a 3 month dust-hell, again. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s got rotary stop so good for channelling etc.

The only snag, how long would you need it for, as it’s used for work fairly regularly.

BigJohn

Screwfix do brilliant Titan ones for about £70. With loads of chisels and drills included.

bearnecessities

Blimey, those screwfix ones are a bargain! Tenner off too at the moment. Cheers John; can’t go wrong with a punt on one of them.

Thanks again Neal; much appreciated offer.

stumpyjon

Theres also an Energer one at £40, should last the weekend. I had a similar one from screwfix a few years ago. It’s now starting to slip on the chisel action but I’ve had some use out of the 40 quid.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I saw in Shipley aldi some SDS drills for 39 quid. They’ll work for 20 minutes but it would do the job.

BigJohn

The Titan ones tend to go wrong quite often but Screwfix have a 2 year no quibble replacement policy so you get a new one straight away. So all the drills, chisels and core bits get renewed too.

Why do they all break? It might have something to do with the 2 year no quibble replacement policy. You’re drilling a 2 inch hole in a double brick wall and you think it’s time to let it cool down a bit. Nah, keep going. It’s got a 2 year no quibble replacement policy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leeds/Bradford/W.Yorks ish – Anyone have an SDS with chisel hammer action?’ is closed to new replies.