Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Leeds to Liverpool canal – Garmin 810 lost – Optimistic HELP!?
  • munro
    Free Member

Optimistic shout out – did anyone find a Garmin 810 on the Leeds to Liverpool canal “path” between Bradford and Skipton.

I did it last Thursday (17th July) in a oner and rattled myself silly on this section – focused so hard on getting on I didn’t notice my 810 go AWOL.

Optimism and karma fingers crossed.

Peace to all.

ton

NOT FOUND IT..SORRY
    BUT, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU?

martinhutch

He doesn’t know. He lost his Garmin.

Hope you find it OK, can’t imagine someone won’t have picked it up, given the traffic on there. Hopefully one of the honest ones. Might be worth ringing Skipton nick.

bearnecessities

I did it in 2009, took me 17 hours but it’s easily done faster.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

Did you have it set up to show your contact details when being powered up?

b1gf00t
    Free Member
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

BUT, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU?

Bingley to skipton takes me 1.5 hours at a leisurely pace, all on the canal, so Bradford to Skipton would be 2 hours approx. you can save a load of time by cutting out a section at Bingley to Riddlesden on the old main road which partly has a big cycle lane, and nr Silsden you can follow the sustrans cycle route 69 at where the canal tarmac ends, then join canal again a mile or so in Silsden. it cuts out a couple of slow rough sections and straightlines an arc.

OR DID YOU MEAN THE WHOLE LEEDS TO LIVERPOOL?

scandal42
    Free Member

Did you have it set up to show your contact details when being powered up?

Good way of alerting potential thief to bike loving household?

Maybe I’m too mistrusting

dlr

OTish: Never knew about that feature, might do that on mine although put in my work phone number of something

nealglover
    Free Member

Good way of alerting potential thief to bike loving household?
    Maybe I’m too mistrusting

At least it would make the insurance claim worthwhile.

Garmin + all Bikes.

Seriously though, I don’t think bike thieves MO involves waiting around on canal paths till they find a Garmin and hoping the contact details are stored on it.

just5minutes
    Free Member

If the OP doesn’t find it and wants a low cost replacement I’ve got a Garmin 800 with maps that I’m willing to haggle on – I couldn’t find a way to message through the site so apologies for posting on here..

munro
    Free Member

I took 10.5 hours to do it only stopping for water and a quick sausage and chips (nutrition of champs).

I really enjoyed it – solo and some really lush bits of hidden England, along with the backside of industrial blight!

craigxxl
    Free Member

cutting out a section at Bingley to Riddlesden on the old main road which partly has a big cycle lane, and nr Silsden you can follow the sustrans cycle route 69 at where the canal tarmac ends, then join canal again a mile or so in Silsden. it cuts out a couple of slow rough sections and straightlines an arc.

I’ll have to look out for that next time if cuts out the bit I’m thinking of which is normally a mud bath.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ll have to look out for that next time if cuts out the bit I’m thinking of which is normally a mud bath.

Yes, it cuts out that bit and the immediate approach to Silsden which can be approx 200yrds of rough and/or boggy puddles. follow the sustrans cycle route 69 off the canal. at the other end, you go round a corner and silsden houses start, immediately on the right is an entrance back onto the canal, it’s more than a mile, Low Lane and Hainsworth Rd, the entrance back onto the canal is right next to Hainsworth Rd.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Leeds to Liverpool canal – Garmin 810 lost – Optimistic HELP!?’ is closed to new replies.