• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Leeds Liverpool towpath upgrade
  • tufty
    Free Member

Anyone know how the scheme to Tarmac the canal towpath between Leeds and Shipley is progressing?

It was due to be completed before the TdF, but can’t find anything on the web about actual progress/completion.

Anyone ride it regularly who can update?
    Thanks

sheeps

I believe that the Contractor’s pricing the job were ‘taking the p*ss’ knowing that the works had to be completed for the TDF. So they’ve put the works on hold to renegotiate the price.

On Wednesday was still a puddle-fest 🙂

tufty
    Free Member

Thanks Sheeps. I was sceptical about the timescale, so that’s no surprise. Shame though.

ton

it is still a wet puddle fest from kirkstall bridge to the west.

project
    Free Member

Lets hope they do a better job than the loiverpool end, rough in places, and also the shropie in chester, like a fairground ride, numerous poor surfaces.

stew
    Free Member

Well after today’s ride to work (first of the year on the towpath) I can confirm that they have tarmacked from Kirkstall to Rodley and seem to be progressing pretty quickly.

ton

shame they have done nothing east. still a muddy wet potholed crap surface.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think it’s good that it’s not tarmac. It would increase people’s speed dramatically making it very dangerous.

whitestone
    Free Member

http://www.cyclebradford.org.uk/uncategorized/towpath-closure-notice-leeds-liverpool-canal/

Apparently the section between Skipton and Bradley is going to be sorted out, i.e. a hardcore surface

ton

I think it’s good that it’s not tarmac. It would increase people’s speed dramatically making it very dangerous.

do you mean to the east?
    i dont think it is busy enough to be dangerous.
    i ride in from rothwell fanny pit, all the way to kirkstall, the east side is dead in comparison to the west side, which is pretty busy, and full of strava warriors tonking on blind into the bridges/tennels.

bspoked
    Free Member

Sunday lunch at The Railway without getting muddy. Don’t mind that.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Apparently the section between Skipton and Bradley is going to be sorted out, i.e. a hardcore surface

YEEEEES!!, part of my commute, just need to get sections at Silsden and Riddlesden sorted. I’ve even considered offering to fix the Riddlesden bog section myself.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

project – Member
    Lets hope they do a better job than the loiverpool end, rough in places, and also the shropie in chester, like a fairground ride, numerous poor surfaces.

The Liverpool end is great all the way to Lydiate (apart from a little bit before Aintree)
    It’s really bad west of Wigan near the Blue Elephant and I hated the bit between the A59 to Skipton last year.

ton

gargrave to skipton bit is pants too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Leeds Liverpool towpath upgrade’ is closed to new replies.