Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Leeds – Liverpool canal, Liverpool end
  • simmy
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm if this picture is as far as the towpath goes into Liverpool ?

Seems a bit weird going through a gap in a wall to start a ride !!!

Cheers

tmb467
    Free Member

Correct.

We took about 10 mins to figure it out – bear in mind that it’s the sea on the other side of the road tho

timc
    Free Member

Yes, are you looking to find it from city centre? Train station or pier head extension?

bgrunes
    Free Member

As tmb467 correct opposite is Stanley Dock I used to work in a building left of your picture. Stanley Dock gives access to the River Mersey. Rather than turning into the lock system you can travel a bit further along the canal into Liverpool but it just ends at a a day nursery and some houses but a good pick up point if your been collected.

simmy
    Free Member

Cheers guys

I was going to get the train to Sandhills then ride the canal back home to Blackrod.

Just seems weird going through a doorway !!!!

timc
    Free Member

Does your train take you to Lime Street before Sandhills? If so easier to ride from Lime Street

simmy
    Free Member

The train is either from Southport or Kirkby as I’m coming from Wigan so think it will get to Sandhills before Lime St

project
    Free Member

the viaduct in the pic is the line from liverpool moorfields to southport/kirby/ormskirk.

Lime street will require a change of trains to the northern /wirral line and a lot of escalators, small lifts.

get of at sandhills, down ramp then left to canal and river.

Merseyrail trains, dedicated bike spaces second passenger door first and last coach,dont lean bikes against doors as doors open on different sides at some stations and bikes fall out.
    from wirral line to northern line when lifts are broke

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjtebXMipA&list=TL7Z2OyWRGdiyp5v7v-lXpbQJ0SvMc2y0J[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Leeds – Liverpool canal, Liverpool end’ is closed to new replies.