Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Leeds Grand Depart
  • devash
    Free Member

After 3 years of living in Leeds I’ll be moving to Italy on Monday the 7th so what more of a fitting end could a cycling fan want than to see the Tour right on ones doorstep?

Any other Leeds people planning to head into the city center for the depart? Is the Headrow / Eastgate ticket only or can you just turn up early and get in? Was thinking of getting down there really early (6 / 7ish) and grabbing some early breakfast in one of the bars / pubs, watching the start then soaking up some of the atmosphere before retiring to a bar to watch the race.

Duggan

Yeah I’ll be going down. heading down from Manchester on Friday night so going to have some beers in Leeds on Friday staying in a Novotel and then will spend the morning/afternoon around Leeds city centre.

From the little I’ve actually researched:

It’s free to get onto the Headrow/Eastgate though they’re expecting 50,000 I think. There are some bookable seats which I presume are in the stand things you see.

The teams sign on in Victoria Gardens near the Art Gallery though I don’t know at what time.

Caravan leaves at 9am sometime
    Cyclists leave at 11am (I think)

I think there’ll be a big screen there to watch the rest of the race on.

We’re going to watch the depart, have a mooch around and then probably watch some of the race in a bar or on the big screen. Got a restuarant booked at 2pm which unfortunately coincides with the sprint finish (circa 2.45 I estimate) so I might sneak a quick look on the ipod to check the winner in the restaurant

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Leeds Grand Depart’ is closed to new replies.