Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Leeds based BMW driver seeking local knowledge.
  • pstokes99
    Free Member

Currently sat in traffic near crown point – if stuff does start to move (it hasn’t in last 15 minutes) am i going to get up scott hall road?

timbur
    Free Member

BMW in these conditions? You might go down sideways I guess 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

depends if you can keep moving; Scott Hall Road between the BMW dealer and Potternewton roundabout is a bit steep, but if traffic’s moving, it should be ok. if it’s not, you could be in trouble. I don’t imagine Meanwood Road or Woodhouse Lane/Otley Road would be any better either

sat at home in Baildon, halfway up the hill. Very pretty out, unless you’re driving in it.

I did get all the way to work in Barnsley, but as soon as I got there, the skies opened & I decided to turn round & work from home. Took a little longer than normal to get home, so not bad really

pennine
    Free Member

You IT guys get all the luck 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not really pennine – I got into Bradford today from Halifax. Was sent home at 11, spent nearly 90 minutes at Bradford Interchange trying to get a train OR bus back to Halifax… nothing. Everything shut down. So grabbed a sarnie and came back to a deserted office!

mrsflash
    Free Member

don’t know what Scott Hall Road is like, but Rich currently not moving on ring road near the big tesco at Seacroft.

meehaja
    Free Member

take chapeltown road, goes the same way but probably less traffic, also more caribean take aways if you do get stuck.

steveb

BMW. Snow. Hills.
    Ha ha ha ha!

Escaped the office near Wetherby at 10:30, now at home in Knaresborough.

theotherjonv

john drummer: so my intention to not drive up to the Hollins Hall tomorrow for our works christmas dinner is probably wise?

pennine
    Free Member

Let’s hope most folk are being sent home early. At 5pm I’ve to get across Bradford to the BRI to pick up my wife.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Hollins Hall – depends how much more we get overnight; Hollins Hill being the main road from Shipley to the airport etc, it’s usually well clear.
    It’s stopped snowing for now, and there are clear blue skies spreading in from the east

Or you could get the train to Baildon & walk up, or to Guiseley & walk down. shame it’s about halfway between the two

Silly me attempting to go in the first place, I could have had another hour or so in bed & actually start work earlier than I did manage to do

tomorrow I’ll wait for our 0730 guy to get in & then see what it’s like over there before I commit to setting off

mrsflash
    Free Member

it’s taken Rich an hour and a half to do about 2 miles on the ring road, I don’t fancy your chances much OP

ianv
    Free Member

“At 5pm I’ve to get across Bradford to the BRI to pick up my wife”

You had better get going now then (unless you are very local), its just taken me 2 hours to get from Saltaire to near Wilsden. Nightmare!!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

about 11am today – had a lot more since but it has now stopped…

<edit> spoke too soon. big flakes again now

anonymouse
    Free Member

Good luck admitting driving a BMW on this forum! I’ve just walked up chapeltown road and traffic is moving, albeit only in a geological sense.

Crell
    Free Member

Just got off a call with a colleague who’s in Leeds – he set off at 12.30 for a 20 minute trip and he arrived about 3 hours later. Leeds sounds like fun today!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pennine – Bratford ring road has been a car park since 11am. Honest, you’re looking at hours to get anywhere around there tonight.

robdob
    Free Member

A friend of mine has let me know Bradford is a car park at the moment. He’s coming from Guiseley and it took him 4 hours to get to Bradford, but no through it.
    Cack!

pennine
    Free Member

Joined M62 at Jtn27. Down to Chain Bar & up Whitehall Road. Turned into Wyke on snow covered roads & up to Odsal Top. Through Wibsey to Horton Bank Top. Slow descent on to Legrams Lane, left to Lidget Green & arrived BRI 55 minutes later 😀 Most of the roads were passable with care though many were stuck on the hills especially the bend on Cemetery Road & near Horton Bank Top.

Picked wife up and came over Cottingley Cliffe to Cottingley & back on main to Saltaire.

So DBW I didn’t do too bad. No way was I going anywhere near Bradford.

pstokes99
    Free Member

You’ll all be pleased to learn that I got home safely – my car wasn’t a problem. The only problem with Scott Hall Road was the two cars abandoned at the top of the hill (island with potternewton lane)blocking one lane.

The snow was falling pretty fast no doubt, however the volume of traffic meant it took 4 hrs 20 minutes to travel the 9 miles from my office to home.

For me – snow day tomorrow, whatever the weather.

Oggles
    Free Member

9 miles from my office to home

Get a bike? Riding to work is fun in the snow in Leeds!!

pstokes99
    Free Member

Get a bike? Riding to work is fun in the snow in Leeds!!

I often do, and greatly regret not doing so this morning.

sturmey
    Free Member

A bike is the way I was the only “soul” on the towpath from Shipley to Apperly Bridge. Those who know me did you see what I did. Pennine it’s the knowledge that counts at times like this.

pstokes99
    Free Member

I was the only “soul”

I saw what you did there – we met a while back, before you found your ‘soul’.

john_drummer
    Free Member

the volume of traffic meant it took 4 hrs 20 minutes to travel the 9 miles

that’s good going on Scott Hall Road at the best of times 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Leeds based BMW driver seeking local knowledge.’ is closed to new replies.