Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lee Quarry riding
  • Mounty_73

What’s the riding/trails like at Lee Quarry ?

A couple of us are thinking of riding on Thursday.

highclimber
    Free Member

good but can be a little confusing at first. don’t go expecting it to be very well sign posted as to where to go.

retrorick

Aim also to ride the new link route towards cragg quarry (out the back of lee quarry in the direction of the turbines). The cragg quarry loop has been extended and improved, well worth a visit.

TonyL
    Free Member

Comments about the signage are true it isn’t ideal at the moment but I hope to have it sorted soon, part of the problem is we keep adding extra bits in! Not staightforward A to B route lots of options to choose from. Consider Lee and Cragg to be the same site and you have a good few hours riding especially if you take the time to try out all of the options and play on the pump tracks for a while. Very dry and fast up there at the moment take a spare tube! Linking route between cragg and lee has just been recrushed to reduce the size of the stone on it. Needs a bit of reain really so it might be a bit drifty on the way back down.

bigpole
    Free Member

I was up there on Thurs 21/4 very dry, and fast, as per previous do the link to crag quarry, the path up is very loose at the mo and is sketchy on the way back, great jumps !! but crag is well worth the visit , more of a xc/trail great riding!! I’ll be back……..

iain1775
    Free Member

4odd hours. Up there today lovely weather trails very very dusty but that link needs a good going over with a roller and some rain it’s lethal, like riding on marbles

mountainman123
    Free Member

Its basicly a big play area, there is trails there but not very well / if at all sign posted, just go up and have a play that way you will find your way around the place

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry riding’ is closed to new replies.