Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lee Quarry
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

I might be alone in this view, but does anyone else find that Lee Quarry is a bit dissapointing?

I’m by no means anti trail centre ( i do an awfull lot of my riding in them these days) but in terms of somewhere to go ride i found my first visit there last weekend a bit pointless. I did about 5 laps, but whilst some of the bits are a bit more techy than most trail centres, the idea of going round and round in such a small area and criss crossing ground you’ve just ridden seemed a pretty unrewarding experience.

It could just be that im now nearly 40 (and not that interested in a big BMX track) or that i was on my own. I suppose its really for groups of riders to session certain sections to improve skills etc.

Am i a minority of one here?

xiphon
    Free Member

No I think it’s disappointing too – ok for an afternoon larking about, but definitely not somewhere I’d go to do ‘laps’ around.

Good fun if you’re in a group – the different challenges section can prove entertaining egging each other on…

Should be classed as a bike skills area, not a trail centre..

totalshell

look at the upside.. its free and in an area with no trail centers other than bridleways. its got everything for a nice long afternoon or morning out which if you’ve driven from the bustle fo manchester or bolton then surely thats all you want. At 48 i think its spot on. if iwant to ride the MT loop is next door if you want to play and go down hills or jump or BMX then lee quarry has it in spades..

http://pre65trials.blogspot.com/

we few we happy few

Junkyard
    Free Member

so you prefer to do a bigger loop instead then 😉
    I cant really comment as I dont really like trail centres it is a bit small but I enjoy it often enough to go 3 times a year [ about 20 miles away] and it has always been updated /improved
    Cheers LLC TonyL

Blackflag
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, i think its great that places like this exist, and i have probably come to the wrong place for what im after (a bit like moaning that the local pizza place doesn’t sell seared lamb shank with a rasberry jus!!!)

I think its mainly as my expectations were set a bit too high due to the amount of coverage it gets on here.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I’ve heard that one lap of Lee Q linked with one lap of Cragg Q is about 10 miles. Doing a couple of laps in each must give ~16 miles.

Throw in a bit of sessioning and it seems like good value to me.

Must be soo fast at the mo!!

portlyone

Is it a trail centre? I always saw it as a fun centre with a skills section and a nice track back down to the car park. I always come away with a smile.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

one lap of Lee Q linked with one lap of Cragg Q

was a very nice night ride on Wednesday last week. From Cowpe, so you get a good warm-up on the way up to Cragg Q 🙂

RustyNissanPrairie

i love the place. Its like a big Bmx track even though I’m nearly 40.
    Judging by the shit riding levels or skill of some of the people who go there its a much needed venue that’ll hopefully teach people to ride better and improve on the skills that they’ve honed whilst previously just plodding around on the moors or some dull sanitized trail centre.

R.A.R.A. Team leader.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think it’s a bit like Stainburn, you’re best going with a group of friends to play around and try riding stuff and egging each other on to ride techy stuff you otherwise wouldn’t dare on your own. If you’re Chris Akrigg, then you have to start thinking outside the box, as they say! I don’t think that applies to 99% of us tho.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/22571157[/video]

lowey

Who said it was a trail centre ?

Go to Lee and Cragg with an open and playful mind and you will have a blast. I’ve been loads and marshalled at events there and everytime I came away with a massive grin on my face… I’m 41 btw.

As someone said above… Bravo Tony!! Bravo.

brooess
    Free Member

I was up there for the first time on Saturday and came away with that ‘what an ace day biking’ feeling. Spent a lot of time chatting with a few lads I met up there, sessioned a few bits and pieces, enjoyed the berms etc
    It’s a great play place and I reckon spending some time up there will pay big dividends for day to day riding but I don’t think I’ll go up there when I want to go out for a ride – Peaks, Wales or Lakes for that I think…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry’ is closed to new replies.