Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leaving work in the dark.
  • binners

Is bloody rubbish! Arse-biscuits! 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

12 hour shifts mean that for a goodly few months of the year I see no daylight at all on working days, other than the grey insipid feeble light that drags itself forlornly through the tiny slit windows 8 feet above the floor, and which is so exhausted by the effort of doing so through grimy grit encrusted glass that it can only just register in the cells of my eye…

scaled
    Free Member

I fully expect to be stopped for inappropriate lighting at some point on the way home – need a halfway house between portable daylight and not being seen…

GrahamS

Been doing that for quite a few weeks now. I kinda like it. Paths are quieter and pedestrians seem to get out of the way more when they see lights coming.

ourmaninthenorth

Stop bloody showing off that you’ve got a normal job that allows you to go home (at sensible hours). Pah!

logical
    Free Member

I didn’t bring my lights with me and as I ride past a police station I expect the same as Scaled.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Keeping the clocks on BST would save ~ 120 lives each year according to ROSPA as more accidents happen in the evening than the morning.

Energy consupmtion would reduces due to more light in evening (not balanced by more light in morning during GMT)

Burden on NHS reduced as more people are inclined to exercise due to lighter evenings.

There was supposed to be a debate in parlaiment on this subject about a year ago, but it got blocked by 2 tory MPs. The proposal was for GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer, which is going a bit far IMHO.

I really do hate the clocks going back. Staying on British Summer time would cost nothing and improve quality of life for the majority.

bigG
    Free Member

Still light here in bonny scotlandshire and we’ll keep it that way thanks. For every study that says it saves lives there’s a counterstudy that proves it would kill as many. Just in different places.

GrahamS

I really do hate the clocks going back. Staying on British Summer time would cost nothing and improve quality of life for the majority.

Well it was light and sunny on the commute this morning, thanks to the clocks going back.

It’ll be roughly the same level of darkness on the way home as it was last week. Once it’s dark, it’s dark.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

ROSPA

Still light here in bonny scotlandshire and we’ll keep it that way thanks.

Separate time zone north of the border maybe???

wrightyson
    Free Member

I fortunately work outside an it’s been lovely today, packed up and ready to leave the site office by 4.40 an the darkness was starting to envelop the site. However outside does mean harsh weather at times!

ononeorange

It’s been dark at home time for a month now. Nice to have a bit of light in the mornings though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leaving work in the dark.’ is closed to new replies.