Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Leather/Gore Tex walking boots, whats the best way to look after them?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got some decent Lowa boots, Gore Tex lined but leather outers, so after cleaning all the clarts off, whats a good treatment for the leather? IE is good old fashioned dubbin ok or are there more modern products to look at?
    Ta.

druidh
    Free Member

I use Sno-seal

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have some AltBerg work boots that came with some sort of own brand grease (see their website for the real name). It’s good enough that after 4 yrs of use they are still in good condition, just got them back after a resole and refurbish actually.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Nikwax has always worked fine for me

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m also a fan of the traditional Nikwax.

footflaps

Zamberland Hydrobloc is my fave waterproofing agent, also good for leather palmed ski / walking gloved – improves grip on ice-axes.

ElShalimo

I’d also give the inside a rinse with clean cold water occasionally. Goretex lined boots can make your feet hot so you sweat more. So lots of sweat can eventually be bad for the boot liner if you don’t clean the inside of them
    Altberg LederGris is good stuff. Nikwax leather wax is good too, and this one

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmmm.. hadn’t thought about the sweatiness thing affecting the liner! Righto, that lot gives me something to go on.
    Thanks folks. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Leather/Gore Tex walking boots, whats the best way to look after them?’ is closed to new replies.