Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • learning to jump properly
  • jonjones262
    Free Member

Hi,

I wanna learn to jump properly.

I.e. the doubles at the bottom of the black run at antur.

I live in derby, where’s best for a skill course?

Antur do one for 125. Anyone done it?

That jedi dude is quite far away. Does he do full on big jump training? I’d be on my demo 8.

Thanks

slowrider
    Free Member

I’m in stapleford near nots. Less than 2 hrs drive easy so far closer than antur.

And yes, you can do all sorts of jumps there. Lots bigger than the doubles you mention 😉

jonjones262
    Free Member

Ah right, do you have a website? 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Ha, not me personally! I meant I’m near you but Jedi is still closer than antur. Come see me if you like, I can show you every single way not to do it so all that’s left is correct technique….

jonjones262
    Free Member

Ah yeah, sorry. Completely miss read your post 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

Antur do skills courses catered to your needs. Call them. Adrian is a good teacher with a lot of patience. He has a lot of racing experience and knows exactly how to move you forward.

micos145
    Free Member

+1 for Antur We recently did the course with Adrian. Top guy, a lot of fun and knows how to take you out of your comfort zone. You’ll learn about those doubles and a whole lot more.

Northwind

jonjones262 – Member

Hi,

I wanna learn to jump properly.

I.e. the doubles at the bottom of the black run at antur.

For balance, I watched Danny Hart come up short on those and thought, **** that 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I live near Derby and have done a skills course at Cannock with Adam – can’t remember the name of the school. Thoroughly recommend it.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

If you refer to a you tube video of Danny Hart on the doubles at antur it was almost impossible to jump that day due to very high winds. Most people has their wheels firmly on the ground.
    wind and side winds make a massive difference.
    Adrian aka Bud is your best man for the job.

Northwind

Nah, stood at the black drop and watched it- no sidewinds that day

darrenspink
    Free Member

Do you have a bmx course nearby? I found practising on super smooth pretty safe tabletops helped my jumping

smurfly13
    Free Member

Adam in Cannock mentioned is The Bike School… I did a course with him, very good! And he is a downhill racer, a good one at that.

Here
    http://www.thebikeschool.net

ruffride
    Free Member

Or just ride with people that can jump watch an follow them an you will get better in your own way where in derby are you

jonjones262
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. I’m in Hilton.

Just been up to Black rocks on the Demo for a mess around and buggered my foot up in about 10 seconds of going downhill from the top.

Smacked into a rock with my foot. My bog toe is totally numb and all bloody. Dam you specialized and your low Bottom brackets!!

Walking’s been fun since….

Cheers for the Cannock link above, just down the road. 🙂

Would it be better to go to one on my Demo 8 or Ragley Marley HT?

Or take both and swap between them? Going round a pump track on a 200mm bike would be ridiculous…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Adam’s pretty flexible so you can spec what you want out of the course. I should say that when I booked him I organised a group of mates so we took up a whole class so specc’d out what we wanted, if it’s just you with a group of other people then I guess he’d be less flexible to accommodate others. I’m sure if you do the former (or book up a private lesson) then you could spend all your time at Style Cop on your DH bike.

alcolepone
    Free Member

jon, get the marleigh and join me at the derby pump track, there are small table tops there that i can almost clear. perfect to pratice on.

VanHalen

There is no short cut. Practice for technique and bottle for getting bigger jumps.

Build your own if you can – makes it less scary.

boxxer7
    Free Member

^^^ van halen is right, it’s all about practice! Building your own and growing them but by bit is the best way of learning. A friend of mine just did a skills day jumping, no doubt at all it’s helped him but it’s not an overnight fix.

He used pro ride guides and he couldn’t speak highly enough of them.

Practice practice practice!

ruffride
    Free Member

I’d say go with alcole to the pump track everyone’s different no one jumps the same start on tables then when you feel right find some gaps the use what you’ve learnt most of its about speed the rest comes natural.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Hi Al,

I might just come along to the track (when I can walk again!!)

climbingkev
    Free Member

If you’re riding at Black Rocks then you should be aware there’s LOTS of natural and man made stuff to go at within a 10min drive from there ;0)

Mail in profile, I won’t post here since someone did that in the Crich thread and now that trail is ****. I know the damage can’t be solely attributed to that thread but the timing of mass traffic was uncanny :0(

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’ve heard about the man made stuff, mate went up there. Not been yet. Will get out there sometime.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘learning to jump properly’ is closed to new replies.