Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leaf Blower/Vacs?
  • midlifecrashes

Tried an electric Black and Decker years ago and thought it wasn’t worth the hassle. Is it worth going upmarket for a petrol job? If so, which one. We have four mature limes and live across the road, downwind of the park with 300+ trees so usually have a wheelie and 12+ binbags of leaves every weekend in autumn if I pick them all up.

hh45
    Free Member

I hate those machines!! Cant you just wait until they are all down, say mid December then rake them up. Why the need for a machine, for so much noise and extra wasted energy? As a STW user you must by definition be half decent but in my book the users of leaf blowers are complete *****s.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

😯

Squidlord
    Free Member

Bought a cheapo no-name electric leaf blower on impulse yesterday. The plug kept falling out, but otherwise was quite impressed – it was even picking up wet leaves that looked to be glued to the garden path. It also somehow shreds the leaves so there was surprisingly little debris to deal with.

project
    Free Member

Middlifecrisis, you must be well old, as the only ones bothered about leaves are old people, seen loads of them brushing their leaves into the road,for someone else to collect.

Also when i rang our local council to ask for some brown bins for garden waste, they refused as we had a paid gardner, and they said he should takle care of them, she didnt explain what he was supposed to do with them.

Then one week he was off so did the job for him, and got told off by a neighbour for putting them in the general waste bulk bin, as there was nowhere else for them.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Cool story, bro

midlifecrashes

Not quite a Saga Lout yet, but not too far away. Filled the wheelie bin and took 18 bags away to the tip on Saturday, the same again has arrived since then. I think the problem I had with the B&D was it had a small collection bag which was a pain to unload due to it’s shape so it was just quicker and easier to use the shovel and more bags. I did try leaving them to accumulate one year and killed loads of shrubs, oh and lost a car.

flip
    Free Member

Buy a Stihl blower, blow em into a pile, get a ton bag (one that you have gravel delivered in) empty one for £6 from a builders merchant.

Put leaves in.

Put in van/car.

Take to tip.

Simples.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Got an ex-works petrol Stihl blower/vac that hardly did any work, great bit of kit much better than the shite Husky they replaced it with.

spooky_b329

Just buy some fine mesh like they use to stop pidgeons accessing roofs etc. String across front of garden/drive, (with a few coloured bits of ribbon through it so you don’t snare the postman) leaves blow on down the road to the neighbours 🙂

DrRSwank
    Free Member

+1 for the stihl petrol blower and a builders bag.

I’ve got a very big oak in my garden and a petrol blower is ace. All garden tools should really be petrol powered – they’re just better…..

kayak23

Life is too short to be blowing leaves or ironing pants.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leaf Blower/Vacs?’ is closed to new replies.