Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Le Tour 2014
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Heavy bias towards the East!

Some cobbles up towards Arenberg as well, I gather! TT on the penultimate stage? Could be interesting.

meehaja
    Free Member

I would normally go to my mums in nrmandy to watch a stage near there, this year I think I’ll settle with living in Leeds!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not many proper mountains in there??

hora
    Free Member

Looks like the 5th and 6th I’m watching two stages 😀

mugsys_m8

Doing some bigish hills fairly early on in Alsace

Grenoble-Risoul will be. Most direct is over the Lauteret but there would be more creative ways.

Chamrousse is ski station so that will be a mountain top finish.

Pyrenees looks like it might take in Peyresourde as well as Hautacam

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

More details here – http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2014-tour-de-france-route-unveiled

The confirmation that riders will have tackle 15.4km of cobbles surprised everyone at the presentation, especially the overall contenders who will have to fight for survival on the cobbles of northern France. 2013 winner Chris Froome and Alberto Contador were sat side by side and neither seemed happy to see the return of the cobbles.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Not many proper mountains in there??

Have you never been to the Dales!
    Alpe d’Huez – piece of cake in comparison!

crazy-legs

Only one TT – 54km.

May as well just have held up a sign saying “we don’t want Bradley to win again”
    Still, I imagine the Schlecks will be pleased… 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

short hop over the channel to flanders for a bit of pavé action. easier to get to, cheaper to stay, better atmosphere and much better beer than the north of england.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I wonder if the UK’s anti-sportive brigade will be out in force to disrupt the tour route 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

it will be like the nationals in glasgow. no mention of the winner on the BBC just “city centre traffic was severely disrupted”

warton
    Free Member

the race is going to be wide open after the first week. not many mountains, yorkshires lumpy stages and Pave, could suit a classics rider in the first week, and then will they / won’t they be caught in the next two weeks.

Peter Sagan???

asterix
    Free Member

Just booked the Tour week in the Pyrenees! :-))))))

mt
    Free Member

“much better beer than the north of england”

I see we have a master brewer on the forum 🙄

jekkyl

picked my spot…. Holme Moss.

asterix
    Free Member

coming to Yorkshire too

stevomcd
    Free Member

Risoul and Saint Lary are mountain top finishes too (both ski resorts – Sainte Lary Pla d’Adet is over 1600m and Risoul could be anywhere from 1100m to over 1800m depending on which “village” is the finish line).

Nothing local AGAIN though. What’s the point of living on the road to 3 TdF cols/mountain finishes if it never comes past your house? 👿

MrSmith
    Free Member

I see we have a master brewer on the forum

Sorry. I should have said “beer that I prefer” instead. I do apolagise.
    The horse steak round there is good too.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Followed the 2nd half of the tour this year followed by 1 week mountain biking very tempted to do the same next year 🙂

mugsys_m8

Looks like it will go near us before it gets to Grenoble and then heads up Chamrousse. It went past us in 2012 as well. The stage David Millar won went through our nearest supermarket town.

johnellison
    Free Member

Quite possibly the worst piece of journalism regarding the 2014 TdF that you will ever see – HERE

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The horse steak round there is good too.

Have you had horse?

lovely, much leaner than beef.

Looking forward to the seeing as much as i can in the first weekend.

asterix
    Free Member

we should have STW flags or jerseys or sommit for when were in le Yorkshire

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quite possibly the worst piece of journalism regarding the 2014 TdF that you will ever see – HERE

That is superb!

[Lancastrian accent]Whine, whine, whine. Bleedin’ Yorkshire getting all the glory! But look, it NEARLY comes over here. No really, look![/Lancastrian accent]

bikebouy
    Free Member

I Likee, looks like a proper TdF route for a change.

mikemorini
    Free Member

Anyone hear the reworked version of Kraftwerk’s ‘Tour de France’
    by Peter McNerney on Radio 4 this morning.
    Trying to find a link.

clubber
    Free Member

Fantastic new video for Le Tour in Yorkshire

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7XajPVtpKQ[/video]

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

me too jekkyl, looks like it might be busy on that little hill.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Im looking forward to it, im not really into road races but i do make the effort for Le Tour. Im thinking ill ride the 30 odd miles from Peterborough to Cambridge on the day and may even get some others along.

MrSparkle

I wonder if the UK’s anti-sportive brigade will be out in force to disrupt the tour route

See comments bit in this YORKSHIRE newspaper: http://www.hebdenbridgetimes.co.uk/news/local/updated-2014-tour-de-france-route-unveiled-1-6173750?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

PS I would love to hear Flashy attempt a Lancashire accent!

[Lancastrian accent]Whine, whine, whine. Bleedin’ Yorkshire getting all the glory! But look, it NEARLY comes over here. No really, look![/Lancastrian accent]

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Le Tour 2014’ is closed to new replies.