Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Le Mans with a bike in tow
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Maybe stopping/camping at Le Mans for the 24hr race this year on my way to the Alps – anyone used a mtb to get around or had experiences with kit getting nicked from a parked car. I’ve been there before and also attented a fair few races over the years but never with a pricey bike in tow.

tenfoot

If I was taking a bike to Le Mans, it would be my old pub bike. I had my camera stolen from my mate’s boot, after someone went into his tent while he was asleep and took his keys. To be fair, the plonker had fallen asleep and left his keys in his jeans – I usually put mine at the bottom of my sleeping bag.

Still, I’m told it’s a good way to get to far flung parts of the track such as Mulsanne and Arnage.

allthegear
    Free Member

Went a few years ago on way back from Alps with three bikes. Just locked them in the back of the estate during the event and had no issues. Doesn’t mean you wouldn’t though…

Rachel

withersea
    Free Member

A lot of thieving gits at the end of the race doing the camp sites, so I’d keep them well out of sight.

mark90
    Free Member

Doing Le Mans Classic this year. Toying with the idea of taking cheap bikes for getting around. Are bikes useful/practical, or will it just be too busy to cycle anywhere?

jkomo

It depends where you camp really, some sites are miles away. I would get skip bikes, maybe leave behind for locals.
    I would keep the best bike locked away permanently out of sight.

mark90
    Free Member

We’re camping near Porsche curves and the kart track. Plan is to take shopper bikes for comedy value. A couple of the lads have have accumulated a mix of Raleigh and BSA shoppers.

zerofour
    Free Member

I take an old folding bike to get around – it’s ideal. As previously mentioned I would never take anything decent.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

I have been many many times and sure as hell would not take a bike that I wasn’t happy to BBQ , everything gets BBQd at LeMans and I mean everything, well it does in Expo anyway

withersea
    Free Member

We should have a singletrack @ Le Mans meet? I am stopping at the houx campsite. Flying from Manchester to Paris and driving down in a hire car. Something like my sixth visit, one of my favourite weekends ever!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Le Mans with a bike in tow’ is closed to new replies.