• This topic has 86 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • LBS vs CRC
  • jackthedog
    Free Member

Plus us British like to think of bikes as ‘they’re worth it’ don’t we?

Except we still want to penny pinch for a few quid’s saving on a £60 stem or £700 forks.

Sancho
    Free Member

Im not following this.
    So it seems its ok for a manufacturer to flece the UK with over priced bikes.
    Yet the LBS is flamed for trying to sell at RRP.

Its a tough industry alright.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Iain Gillam – You’ve got it spot on. You go to a LBS for the service, not the prices. Good service is what gets the customer returning, not just good service, but personal service.

Now, should a LBS be putting it’s staff and money resources into getting low cost stock or supplying an awesome service? It’s one or the other, an LBS generally can’t afford both, chains can, LBS can’t.

pitduck
    Free Member

(You go to a LBS for the service, not the prices)o right be rude then thats good service

Sancho
    Free Member

Sorry but you need awesome service and low prices on certain kit.
    We have one, try to be competitive where we can on the other and are looking at ways to get stock at better prices.
    Then I hope it will be a win win situation

thered

I’ve had a similar issue to the OP when i was alot younger but now i prefix the price match question with a statement about always wanting to support my local business and ask if they can get anywhere near or price match.

It’s worth trying to be sensitive as it is their livelihood that your talking about.

hora
    Free Member

It’s worth trying to be sensitive as it is their livelihood that your talking about.

‘Look LBS I’ve been a loyal customer to you but I don’t have any spare money at the moment and I want to ride my bike would you let me have x bike component at cost’?

No, we have a business to run. We aren’t a charity?

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘LBS vs CRC’ is closed to new replies.