Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LBS v German Internet Shop Dilemma
  • bigblackshed

The usual, LBS v Internet prices dilemma, but with added mates involved. LBS guys are mates who I ride with. They’ve
    given me great advice on a project I’m working on. RRP prices on the parts I need are approx £230. I can save £75 on 3 of the components. But I’ll need a couple of tools that I will probably never use again.

Mates v money??????

bruneep

What price would you put on your friendship?

z1ppy

if they are m8’s & not just your very friendly LBS (why no discount?), they’ll understand that almost a 1/3 off is hard, if not impossible, to turn down.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Ifit was me, I’d buy at all at LBS.

For £75 out of £230, getting parts fitted with tools you don’t own, and your mates working there I would consider it a worthwhile investment in your relationship with your LBS and of course your warranty for the parts and fitting is with a shop local to you not in germany!

takisawa2

£75 is a lot to lose.
    It’s simple economics.
    Would they put you ahead of someone spending loads with them…no.
    They are a business.

bigblackshed

Sorry. 3 parts = £160 LBS v £95 Internet. The other £70 worth of components are no cheaper online than at the LBS.

They are mates, not friends. Not sure how they treat other customers like me. I do know I’m treated very differently from joe public. Further discussions required I think.

lunge

How much are the tools to fit said parts? With that cost factored in are your lbs that much more expensive?

scousebri
    Free Member

Buy where cheaper, then with the money you save go to the pub and meet new friends. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘LBS v German Internet Shop Dilemma’ is closed to new replies.